Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where has my green internet light gone?

This is a discussion on Where has my green internet light gone? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I've been connected to sky base for about 6 weeks, no real problems after eventually getting activated (I think ...

mdale is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Where has my green internet light gone?

Hi,

I've been connected to sky base for about 6 weeks, no real problems after eventually getting activated (I think next doors ISDN line was causing problems) but as of Saturday morning (17th Nov 2006) my green internet light has gone out, and I can't connect.

I am on the Leamington Spa exchange and am about 5km from the exchange (hence I didn't bother going for anything faster than the base package )
      I've had my fair share of dropped connections but the light hasn't gone off since I was properly connected.

Anyone else having this problem on this exchange or any other?

Martin.

2. Advertisement
      gingerbreadman06 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      if your internet light has gone out it can be a number of things
      are you using any extention cables (telephone) ???
      or are you connected to a slave or master socket
      the best thing to do would be remove all other telephone equipment in your house and plug it straight into the master socket if u still get no net light try swopping microfilters if still no joy you could try your test socket (if u have one)
      u can tell as your master socket would have a line horizontally thru the middle of it but not everyone has it so dont worry of you dont
      if youve tryed all that call sky as it could be an outage or something on there end
      hope it helps!!!!!
      chess a bunch of kings sit about as the pawns are sent to their death's , now if all the pawns got together maybe talked the rook's round

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ging,

I haven't tried any of those things as I can't see why that would be a problem. It was working fine when I went to bed on Friday night and it was gone on the Saturday morning. It's as if I've been disconnected from the exchange. I've read a few posts about people being "ceased", I'll have to give sky a phone.

TIP, have a look on saynoto0870.com for a geographical replacement telephone number (01506 .......)

Martin

Shadow UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      hi i had same prob yesterday my light went off in morn i called tech help how checked my line he said it was a port disabled they didnt know why but he managed to correct this. it is a possibilty but at least if they check the line u can eliminate this before you rip all apart good luck.
      I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      phone sky and tell them ur issue the will run a tone tet if that fails then they will log a fault to bt (u get passed to tier 2 here inist to goto tier 2 no calbacks!!!!!) and if they cant log your fault (they get an error like this is not a valid line) get them to phone provisions and find out if a cease did happini it might be it an exchange fault or (which hopefullly it aint) a cease issue
      chess a bunch of kings sit about as the pawns are sent to their death's , now if all the pawns got together maybe talked the rook's round

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      IF Tier 1 have raised a valid fault ticket we can raise a fault with BT But without one we cant, so ensure Tier 1 have raised a ticket otherwise we will refuse the call!(as simply,we have our own work to do without doing Tier 1's for them!)
      Last edited by Wheelie; 22-11-06 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Spike/Gingerbreadman,

I tried plugging my router into the test socket etc with no success so I called Tech support last night and they said that the port was down.

They ran a tone test which was successful - hooray, my hearing works! shame about my connection.

Anyway, my problem has been passed to Tier 3, so I've got a 5 day wait....

If I was paying for this service I'd ask for a refund
      Anyone else noticed that the microfilters knock 1/3 off the connection speed of dial-up?

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      a tone test proves that there is bb on the line it seems funny that u didnt get one in the test socket for arguements sake will you try disconnecting everything from the line and connect to the test socket again to see if u can g et one (might save u a 5 day wait)

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'll give that a try but I don't hold out much hope. Anyway, I think the orange flashy light looks pretty, I might stick it on my Christmas tree in a couple of weeks

I suppose I could have a modem fault. Does anyone know how to check whether the modem is working correctly?

Martin

AB.com is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woking
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @mdale: I had the exact same problem. Once I finally got Tier 3 on the case it took them about 6 days to restore the connection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast