Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

VOIP SIP Problem

This is a discussion on VOIP SIP Problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Having moved from BT to Sky, I've now got a Sky Q router. After a lot of faffing around and ...

snert is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

VOIP SIP Problem

Having moved from BT to Sky, I've now got a Sky Q router. After a lot of faffing around and reconfiguring the router, I have everything in the house working the way I want it except my my VOIP phone. I have a Polycom 331 VOIP phone. It is supplied by the company I work for as I mainly work from home. Since moving to Sky it refuses to connect. SIP ALG could be to blame. The option isn't available in the router config. Might have to replace the router which is an ER115. I have Sky broadband and Sky Q and I have 2 Sky Q boxes. If I wanted to replace the router, I see that there is a list of compatible routers. That's fine.

Configuring there is a total contradiction with regards to whether you need the ADSL username and password from the router. Some say you do, others say you don't. Those that say you do suggest using Wireshark to get the details without ever saying how you use Wireshark to get it. Plenty of examples for other Sky routers, not the Q router. Searching Sky was a waste of time as you get no hits for SIP or VOIP.

So, any ideas? If anyone says I should use Wireshark to get the details, please provide some steps.

thx

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: VOIP SIP Problem

Hello snert and welcome to the forum.
      For ADSL you do require the correct user name and password but for Sky Fibre (VDSL) any username/password combination is valid provided that it is in the correct format.

The following note is taken from marjohn56's post:
      Simple tool for extracting the username and password from YOUR router.
      DEC 2016 - It is no longer a requirement to extract your username and password, at least for fibre connections. For several months now as long as there is an option61 string sent then anything will work
      e.g. abcdefgh@skydsl|1234567890abcdef will work