Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Upload Speeds

This is a discussion on Upload Speeds within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; my upload speed as dropped also but not my download speed but i use utorrent a lot maybe sky are ...

TheWhizzz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gravesend
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      my upload speed as dropped also but not my download speed but i use utorrent a lot maybe sky are getting pood off with bittorent uploads anyone else using bittorent and had the upload speed slowed down?? or is it affecting everyone??

2. Advertisement
      madman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wandsworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      hmm..

i have noticed that mine has actually improved over the last few days, i have seen go up to 95kB/s

MichaelEdens is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burton on Trent
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks
      Ok this upload problem has continued to long for me. I was hoping it would fix itself, but hasnt.

I phoned Sky Technical, and they said that I should expect the upload speed to reduce alot and they cant really support it proper as you dont really need it for surfing. I told them that upload speed is very important to me as I do online gaming, and was happy for a few months with an upload speed of 376kbps, but now its reduced to 200-240 I dont except this as an explanation. I also said that i believe they are capping the upload speed and said it wasnt on as I signed up for the higher upload speeds and cancelled my old contract because of this.

Anyway they have passed my problem to a higher tier and said it will take 5 working days for them to ring me. Not hopeful they will ring back but will let you know what happens.

I was on Orange before and always had a steady 256 upload, so moving to Sky I hoped for a better upload. Lets hope they dont disappoint.

P.S. My router still tells me I am on 448kbps connection.

boyz2uz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMILKES
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy

Hi

I joined Sky a couple of months ago and signed up to the Max Package 16Mb.
      I have contacted Sky & they have carried out a line check and now told me that i can only recieve 8Mb in my area. I realise that my speeds aren't going to be as fast as someone on 16mb but what i am recieving is ridiculous.

I have done everything i can think of to improve my speeds, my best upload speed is 597kb/s & upload is 92kb/s.

The exchange is about 380 metres away which to me is close, here are my router stats ect, can anyone help me find a cure??
      What speeds should i expect

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 1826 kbps 764 kbps
      Line Attenuation 45.5 db 29.0 db
      Noise Margin 23.8 db 7.0 db

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site boyz2uz

Looking at your stats and from what you say about being so close to the exchange either you have very bad wiring or the phone line runs all over the place before it gets to your house.

Do you hear any sort of noise when you use the phone? do you have a master socket in the house ? If so try testing the router in the test socket.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 29-11-06 at 05:16 PM.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Can just hear a slight crackling noise from the phone and yes i do have a master socket with a test connection

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Then you could well have a problem with your line first thing to do is remove any filters and the router from the phone points in the house and see if its the same if so I would call BT and tell them you have a noise on the phone and its driving you nuts.

Try pluging the router in the test socket and see if things improve.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

MichaelEdens is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burton on Trent
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks
      Following up my last post about the upload speed reduction recently.

Following the phonecall to Sky's technical team, I have noticed that my upload speed has now returned to 380kbps. Very coincidental.

So my advice to anyone who has been having bad upload speeds recently, is to phone Sky and complain. Hopefully it will work for you aswell.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      What was you uploading to???

Having a problem uploading on Azureus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12