Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; @Newsreader-"we are all adult " Tell that to my Missus.......lol...

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      @Newsreader-"we are all adult "
      Tell that to my Missus.......lol

2. Advertisement
      damiancollins is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Call Sky on their bill phone 08000512595

Free phone Sky on 08000512595 That will save you money. Lets put Sky out of business for their abuse of their customers

Cyrus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Streetly - CMSTRE
      Broadband ISP: Max, 15.3MB Downstream! B E A Utiful
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You can talk to Tier 3 at any time of the day or night!

If we only we had their direct line details...

And as if by magic.
      "If you are planning for a year, sow rice;
      if you are planning for a decade, plant trees;
      if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people."

Anon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Chances are if you try to bypass the official process they will politely refuse to help and refer you back to the correct channels. That's how it's been in practically every enviroment I've worked it.

Thanks
      Anon is correct.
      We constantly have people from Tier 1 ring up & try & palm off a customer on you without a ticket.In 99% of the cases the call is refused.Why you ask?
      Simple,we have enough work to do with existing tickets without doing Tier 1's job for them as well.

Jackson_50 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

re

Amen to that!
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 27-11-06 at 12:15 AM. Reason: removed preceeding quoted post

Cyrus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Streetly - CMSTRE
      Broadband ISP: Max, 15.3MB Downstream! B E A Utiful
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      So there appears to be some closure to this debate. Some interesting points; thanks to the contributors.
      "If you are planning for a year, sow rice;
      if you are planning for a decade, plant trees;
      if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people."

leffe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks for all the advice that has been given so far.

The reason why people want to contact Tier 3 so much (IMHO), is that they seem to be the only tech people @ Sky who seem to know what they are talking about.

Like many people on this forum, I've been a broadband user for a number of years now, and consider myself quite technical. I know that could not be said for he average Sky BB customer, but when I had a problem over the weekend, I was told by Tier 1 to reboot my PC to try & solve the problem.
      I told him that it was pointless as I was in the router admin page, but he insisted on me doing so, & saying that 'rebooting the PC has been known to fix problems with the router'
      This was after I had clearly told him that my router ws not picking up an IP address, even though I was getting a sync speed. I gave him more than enough info about what the router was doing, & that I had rebooted the router, reset it, & left the phone cable out for 20 mins, but he still insisted on going through the 20 points on his script. When he came to the end of his sheet, he finally gave me a ticket.
      I know that if I could have spoken to someone in Tier 3, my problem would have been determined and resolved a lot quicker, as I clearly know the difference between a problem on my PC, or a problem on the router.

I was polite to the person on Tier 1, but he was about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike!

Thanks
      @Leffe,
      If Tier 3 are the only ones that know what they are talking about,why do people like me risk our jobs to help out on here ?

Christopher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sacriston
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by spike7451 View Post
      Anon is correct.
      We constantly have people from Tier 1 ring up & try & palm off a customer on you without a ticket.In 99% of the cases the call is refused.Why you ask?
      Simple,we have enough work to do with existing tickets without doing Tier 1's job for them as well.
      Tier 1's job... and what is that to treat us like uneducated infants who cant even tie our own shoe lases?

Forgive me but Tier 1 should not exist, infact I think the whole TECHNICAL SUPPORT service should consist of TECHNICAL SUPPORT STAFF who are actually TECHNICALLY MNDED rather than NON TECHNICAL STAFF who are simply reading from a screen or script whcih was probably written by someone in tier 3, Tier 1 are useless, they are there (in my opinion) to simply waste your time and take our money from phone calls.

If sky want a good sevice that works they should allow tier 3 to handle all technical problems that customers have, a tier 3 staff member is probably more able and capable of solving a simple problem in a fast and effective manor than someone who doesnt even know what the term "IP ADDRESS" means. Also a tier 3 staff member will be able to identify serious problems faster than a simple minded tier 1 member of staff. Nothing against tier 1 I just dont think the system serves the customers the best it should, in actual fact I think the whole tier system is in place to serve sky, which is not the way it should be.

I left sky because they are crap, and so is their technical support service (the staff are fine) its the way the staff are being told to do things, I can appreciate that it isnt the person at the end of the phones fault if he or she just cant help me.

I would get off sky now if your ringing technical support 2 and 3 times a week and being promised call backs from tier 3 and the like, its a load of bull, if tier 3 ring you then usually the problem you had will have gone or developed into a whole new problem which will require a new ticket... CRAP!

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)