Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; the email system is up and running and is getting a fair bit busier apparently, not all Tier 1 have ...

tittybiscuits is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: dunfermline
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      the email system is up and running and is getting a fair bit busier apparently, not all Tier 1 have access to this but the ones who do, do a very good job in getting back to the customers.

2. Advertisement
      spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      No, because if we check & see that there is already a active open ticket,the new one will be closed & we'll look into the old one.
      Howver,I was told the other day by a Tier 1 agent from Londonderry,that they cant call tier 3 as they cant make outbound calls.....Something I find hard to believe as how else did they call us in Ter 2???
      One point to note tho,If you dont have a ticket number & Tier 1 try to palm you off straight to Tier 2,or give you our number as they have been doing,and the Tier 1 Fault finding has'nt been done,we wont be able to take your call.Simple reason is we have lots of open tickets to work on without doing Tier 1's job for them!
      Sorry....

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      This thread has made interesting reading, obviously some of you guys work within the organisation.

On the 2 occasions that I mentioned I had spoken with Tier 3 I did have a valid open ticket (which is still open) & simply asked to speak to T3. The first time was around 7pm & I was only put through after the T1 guy requested if he could do it. On the second occasion I rang at around 2am on a Saturday morning & after a friendly chat with the T1 guy he tried to put me straight through however he was having some difficulty doing this so he actually got the T3 guy to call me back.

I have to say, on all of the numerous occasions I have spoken with anyone in TS they have always been very friendly, courteous & where possible helpful. I think the Sky people in general are always very helpful

Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i had heard a story from a cust saying that he had explained to a T1 advisor the prob he had and the T1 advisor from Northern Ireland gave him T2 direct number! ****, aint got a clue!

glad to say that the team i work with know what we can do and what we cant do at the times we work, unlike a lot of the other shifts who give our cust the run around to get them off the phone!

Anonymous is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry

Phoned T1 this morning & spoke to someone called Adam (for once didn't seem to get the Philippines or India - is there a centre in Scotland somewhere?), he was extremely helpful but agreed with me it was pretty pointless me waiting to get through to Tier 3, who are the people I really need to speak to.

So I am surprised that some people have actually managed to get through to Tier 3 easily. I have never manged it & have waited over an hour on more than 1 occasion (plus 42 minutes, 35 minutes, before I got fed up waiting).

Good that some Sky people are engaging in this forum but even here we seem to be getting mixed messages about procedures. I think the comments that some teams just get rid of callers is spot on, or in the case of 'Whiley' (in the Philippines?) he just kept me on the phone for an hour by telling me "you are now 37 in the queue for Tier 3", "you are now 21 in the queue....". That did happen & is the subject of a complaint with customer services currently (for those who doubt that anyone would be so outrageous as to treat a customer like that!). Whiley you are named & shamed!

Bottom line is Tier 3 are great when you talk to them but cannot cope with the amount of calls & are being shielded by Tier 1 (never knowingly had dealings with T2??). It is a joke tier 3 leaving messages saying "call me back" - as you can't!!

If Sky acknowledged this failing & someone in customer services was prepared to deal with complaints reasonably (like answering the issues & complaints raised!) then customers would think 'fair enough, it's a new service & cheap' but they just send standard "we are sorry you are disappointed on this occasion....blah, blah, blah.' replies & hope that will get rid of you! I think they work on the basis that customers cannot ever manage to speak to anyone face to face, so will just give up in total frustration (something I feel close to doing!).

Sky TV:
      Thanks
      yes there is centre in scotland!!! there are more T3 staff being trained up as well,

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      in the case of 'Whiley' (in the Philippines?) he just kept me on the phone for an hour by telling me "you are now 37 in the queue for Tier 3", "you are now 21 in the queue....". That did happen & is the subject of a complaint with customer services currently (for those who doubt that anyone would be so outrageous as to treat a customer like that!). Whiley you are named & shamed!
      I'm not sure I understand your point.

Whilst I agree that the queues to get through to Sky technical are appalling and outrageous, the guy that you refer to appears to have repeatedly come back to you to keep you informed rather than just let you sit in the queue without knowing what progress was being made. By doing this you could better judge whether it was worth waiting. That seems rather good service to me.

Anonymous is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Saturday View Post
      I'm not sure I understand your point.

Whilst I agree that the queues to get through to Sky technical are appalling and outrageous, the guy that you refer to appears to have repeatedly come back to you to keep you informed rather than just let you sit in the queue without knowing what progress was being made. By doing this you could better judge whether it was worth waiting. That seems rather good service to me.
      The point is there is no such queuing system, which tells you where you are in the queue!

I have spoken to several people in Tier 1 (including some in Whiley's call centre) who have confirmed that there is no such system between them & Tier 3 - so he was simply lying to me!

This all started because I said I wanted to know how long I had to wait to get through to Tier 3. I had waited over an hour on previous occasions & not managed to get through. (At some point you have to give up but you keep waiting, thinking surely it is my turn next. )

So I tried to explain I needed some indication - however crude - of how long I was likely to wait. If T1 said '2 hours+' I obviously wouldn't wait. If T1 said '10 minutes' I would hold on. But everyone in T1 says there just is no way of telling.

I have spent hours discussing this with T1 suggesting that, even if there is no accurate figure, they could do crude measurements like what was the average time that day to transfer someone to T3 (although some operators told me they hadn't managed to transfer anyone all day, as every customer had given up!). Even better they could get their team manager to send round some stats on current time taken to transfer (every call centre records this but the team might need to request the MI). There are ways to manage this.

Whiley was obviously trying to me enterprising, as I had explained I needed some indication of how long I would have to wait (to decide whether to bother). So he made up this story of me being 37 in the queue, then 21 in the queue, etc. He obviously thought I would give up & after he told me I was 14th in the queue for the 6th time (& after holding for 62 minutes in total) I did give up.

When I spoke to his supervisor & found out there was no such system & he had wasted an hour of my time I was furious. I have complained to customer services & got their standard 'I am sorry that Sky didn't live up to our usually high standard of service....' rubbish. i.e. they are not bothered about their staff lying to customers.

Now do you still think that is good service?

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks
      So I am surprised that some people have actually managed to get through to Tier 3 easily. I have never manged it & have waited over an hour on more than 1 occasion (plus 42 minutes, 35 minutes, before I got fed up waiting).
      Nobody has ever said it is easy to get through to T3 however you have confirmed that you have not managed to speak to them because you got fed up waiting.

Unfortunately mate, if you want to speak to them you will either have to wait for however long it takes OR rely on them calling you back within 3 or 5 whatever the timescale now is now.

For the record I had to wait on hold for 1 1/2 hours the first time I spoke with them

I know it's not ideal but it's just how it is for now

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Thanks
      The point is there is no such queuing system, which tells you where you are in the queue!
      Which is a point you failed to make in the post I responded to.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)