Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; However it may not be that day as we have a shed load of tickets to work on as well ...

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      However it may not be that day as we have a shed load of tickets to work on as well as cold transfers from Tier 1 as well..........

2. Advertisement
      The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      i know m8 talkin bout t3, if we get a time on the tickets we aim for it, may not be the same day but we try

bob
      bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: highway
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      my ticket is the same one that was issued to me on the 28th of august this year (12 weeks ago), but despite numerous requests for a call-back or e-mail tier 3 have never got back to me.
      my biggest gripe with sky broadband is that when i ring technical the person you speak to (usually tier1) is invariably polite and corteous and genuinely wants to help you, so i think there must be other management obstacles between tier1 and tier3 communicating efficiently with each other.
      1 hope to get the ombudsman otello interested in my case.

bob

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      is there a reason why you have not made a new ticket request? as clearly that one is not being dealt with

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks
      Or has been closed......

tittybiscuits is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: dunfermline
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      never had any probs when had to contact the guys at tier 3, always been more than helpful.

the quote above about the !queing system is a lot of rubbish!!

for ppl to say tier 1 cant speak to tier 2 and also to tier 3 is rubbish, how can u not speak to ppl who are on your own team at work?

MattB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexleyheath
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      For the record, I had a voicemail from Tier 3 left yesterday - saying (paraphrasing), 'sorry for the problems. looks like it's now been fixed so your BB should now work. please let us know if it hasn't and we'll call you back'.

Fine.

It wasn't working (still no green internet light on the router) so I called up and, obviously, got Tier 1. It took 30 minutes on the phone, going through the same routine tests that I've already been through a million times, before she put me through. Mind you, I was grateful to be put through, rather than be told that 'I'll let tier 3 know you called' as I really don't believe they will.

Anyway, they actually put me through to Tier 2 - which is fine - as they said that Tier 3 had done their bit and the (perhaps new) fault is now at a Tier 2 level. Tier 2 said there was a problem with the 'circuit ID' or something so they'll have to get on Provisioning and then onto BT this morning and even suggested that I might hear further by this afternoon (stranger things have happened).

So we'll wait and see....

bob
      bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: highway
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i have rung sky technical every monday for the last 4 weeks, and every person i spoke to said the problem had been going on for too long.
      i have asked numerous times if my ticket number is valid, and been told yes as my line is still active but there is an on-going problem at the coventry highway exchange.
      they have all said they will speak to a line manager, who will escalate the problem and get tier 3 to phone or e-mail me back.
      to date nobody has responded!
      if a new ticket is the only option would this improve the situation or would this mean a further long wait.
      in the first few weeks of being disconnected i spoke to people in tier 3, who kept me up to date with the problems at the exchange. then abruptly all communication with them was cut as the number of problems increased.
      newsreader in a separate thread about the exchange said that problems had been sorted out there in october and 2 members, namely bill and fredrex had been reconnected after waiting 7 weeks.
      he said he was still on the case but getting information was difficult.
      it would make sense to me that all persons affected at a particular exchange would be collectively reconnected at the same time, seeing as bt engineers are stretched too much.

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      For those wanting to send e-mail to the TS department the e-mail addy is broadbandtechnicalsupport@bskyb.com

Whenever I've sent to this address I've always received a response within 24 hours.

The address for customer support is broadbandcustomerservice@bskyb.com

For the record, on the 2 occasions I've asked to be put through to T3 (13th Oct & 10th Nov) I have been put through without any problem however the first time did involve a 1 1/2hr period on hold

tittybiscuits is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: dunfermline
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      like mentioned before, if u have a ticket number thats over 5 days old and not been contacted, Tier 1 can put you through to Tier 3, you may have to have a hell of a wait though!! and its only a temp procedure 9am till 9pm, u need to have a valid outstanding ticket number over 5 days, and in most cases received a letter from sky from a cpl of weeks back with a ref code thats been referred to on other topics, dont just try and say u have ticket outstand, and got this letter, tier 1 will check and if u dont u wont get through unless ppl dont do their jobs properly.

if there is a problem on the exchange and u have outstanding ticket number, there aint much Tier 3 can do for u as far as i am aware, its a case of waiting for BT to sort things and get back to us.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)