Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sky does use rate adaption in as much as the service tries to adjust the speed in regards to your ...

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 information

Sky does use rate adaption in as much as the service tries to adjust the speed in regards to your line conditions/ length etc.

2. Advertisement
      narl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Is shepton and dunfermline doing anything at all? We have a zero auto in time its just constant call after call.

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Shepton is quite quiet in the morning, then after 5pm it's call after call. I think the call route is Belfast, Dunfermline then Shepton as a final overflow.

Keep in mind that as the calls come in, they're likely to be stacked so that once you have 5 or so calls queueing at Belfast, the 6th call will drop striaght through to the Dunfermline queue.

narl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

well when you think about it in Belfast we only a any one time have 20 or so agents on the flor at any one time. We havnt dropped any calls still this CST caper came through although call after call just is quite annoying to say the least. After 10pm there is only about 6 agents on the floor so I usually get a call before 11pm.

ononotagain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01296
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This is also in the activation sticky as i'm not sure where to post it, so if admin wishes to remove or put in correct thread, i'd be much obliged...thanks and sorry.

So here goes.....

Not my order but my neighbour....ordered Sky installation by sky technicians 18th November...still nothing, no Sky engineers, no letters, no router, no promised callbacks (6 this month). He also ordered Sky Multi and a spare Sky box for his TV package

Every time he rings they tell him he has it and it's all setup and done.

Well he does not.

Currently he has sky TV full package + phone has done for 7yrs now, that will soon be put to an end as he is absolutely disgusted with the sheer incompetence and arrogance of the sales/broadband team and the lack of any callbacks.

I myself have just been talking to Sky on his behalf, there was not a lot that the sky "TV" support woman could do but did find the situation very odd. She was lovely, polite, calm, understanding....basically very professional. She put me through to sky broadband.

Sky "broadband" support woman was instantly arrogant, would not stop talking, would not listen, talked a load of rubbish and eventually i think she ran out of breath.
      I thanked her for nothing and we ended the call.

Something needs to be done at sky like "basic competence/manners tests" for personel before they are let out of their padded cells!
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 12-01-08 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Removed attempt at swear word as per rules = also deleted second post the same

Exchange:
      Thanks

If his BB has not been installed why are did you call BB tech support? We can't do anything if there is no BB installed and active. The people you need to talk to are provisioning/ order status or sales, they are the ONLY departments that can deal with the situation if he has not received his router etc. Tech support will only be able to transfer him to those departments if you call T1.
      The Sky TV woman was not doing the right thing by passing you to T1 if the router has not been delivered or the order has been stuffed up, sales or provisioning are the people that need to deal with it and sort it out.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I did not call Broadband support, i was passed to it.

Where is there any excuse for any of this mess?

Your average 10yr old kid could manage such a simple thing as taking an order from an existing customer for a Broadband package and delivering it to someone who has been with SkyTV+Phone for over 7yrs.

I don't think it would take them two months to figure out something was wrong!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Your main complaint in your post was about the "broadband support woman", the main problem you faced was actually being put through to the wrong department to deal with it. No it should not take 2 months to take these things out but often it comes down to who you talk to and how competent they are at sorting issues.
      Currently Sky is increasing it's staffing on support, this unfortunately means a lot of new people on phones which may have impacted the problem your friend faced.
      Is this issue now sorted or has he given in and looked to go elsewhere? If he wants to give it one last chance please say so and I will get you the number to order status/ provisioning who can deal with it or put his issue through to sales to deal with.
      If he wants to go elsewhere then that is his choice and to be honest I can understand it when things like this occur but please do not think that all Sky staff are incompetent, there are some that actually listen, deal with the call and resolve the issues.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Paul,
      Some number with cabable staff would be appreciated.

I know not all Sky staff are brain dead some are excellent but when it comes to sky broadbands initial contact they seem to panic at the first hint of a problem and go into a kind of defense mode of explaining why it may not work.

The guy has had nothing yet the deaf person on the phone was trying to blame it on BT, the line quality, his equipment, faulty router (what router) etc.
      Eventually she got the message that he has never had anything delivered or set-up by sky... "Why does he not just order it" was the reply. This after explaining he had tried to order it for 2mnths..6 times this month possibly more now.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

well PaulSky, i have PM'd you days ago about this but it seems you too have been infected by the Sky syndrome of doing nothing or you did not get my message.

Update is they have still not been able to order Sky Broadband.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)