Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by tetrakm I assume the email address for writing to sky are somewhere on the site so I ...

PC1
      PC1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 information

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakm View Post

I assume the email address for writing to sky are somewhere on the site so I will definitly be writing to James Murdoch....
      You will get approx the same speed whether set to g-dmt or ADSL2+ with that attenuation - youre line simply can't handle more unless you have a very low noise line. It would be a bit unfiar on whoever helped you as they will get in trouble for going out of there way and removing the 8mb limit on g.dmt . Plus you will get capped back to 8mb.
      Last edited by PC1; 22-11-07 at 12:12 PM.

2. Advertisement
      tetrakm is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I won't complain about the way I was set up (maybee about the attitude of the chap in the first place). I just cannot see I have or was ever going to be put on ADSL2+ so why should I be paying for it?

According to other users on this site with my attenuation 26db I should be getting a super fast connection not one that is set to 10?

All I get told by tier 3 is that my original line was on BT at 3.5Meg and that was the IP figure when doing the test. However surely like Sky have done with me the automatic system gave me that rating based on the overall usage and number connected on that line (I was Virgin).
      Last edited by Saturday; 24-11-07 at 04:51 PM.

PC1
      PC1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I can only imagine that if the guy set you to g.dmt it was because the noise on the line meant that as soon as he set you to ADSL2+ CRC errors started building. ADSL2+ uses higher frequencies than g.dmt and it could have been noise on these higher frequencies that caused the problem. Unfortunately some lines suffer from high frequency noise due to the way BT have bundled the cables between the exchange and your street cabinet (As well as MW interference at night and a million other things light dimmer switches at your house!).

Sky don't use profiles as such. It sounds like the guy set you to 16mbps on ADSL2+, it synched at whatever speed it did (limited by the line), but the number of CRC errors building would have meant that you would have called back moaning about a slow/unstable connection.

In reality you are not paying for 'adsl2+' you are paying for a connection of 'up to' 16mbps, dependant on the line of course (At any rate you are over the 8mbps limit of the mid package), a faster upload speed and unlimited downloads.
      Last edited by Saturday; 24-11-07 at 04:51 PM.

wez_b_92 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I get through to tier 3 straight away even if the ticket has only just been opened. If you go through to the UK call centre they try to fob you off by saying that they cant keep ypu on hold longer than 2 minutes because the people in the phillipines, indian and chinese call centre keep you on hol duntil someone answers.

There is also a direct number which will get you through to the main sky switchboard so you can get onto tier 3 yourself it is 08081014438

narl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Just to let you know that it isnt a tactic at all. Tier 1 are ONLY allowed to stay on hold for the Customer Solutions Team (t3) for 2 minutes if they stay on any longer then it can begin to effect their AHT hense the reason why it is a 2 minute rule.

I dont know where you are getting indian and chinese call centre's from as the T1 dept is Belfast, Derry, Dunfermline, Phillipines, there isnt any in India or China granted you may get an indian or chinease rept answering the call but that doesnt mean that you are through to that part of the world.

Also if you use the number above the Customer Solutions Team dont really have to take the call as you havnt been DPA verified they would then have to re DPA you and so on hense the reason why you are betting going through Tier 1 and then get passed to C.S.T.
      Last edited by Saturday; 24-11-07 at 04:49 PM.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

there is no tier 3 anymore - they've merged with tier 2...

and with relation to that number - I personally don't accept any calls going through any dept. other than tier 1....defeats the point of a que system...
      Last edited by Saturday; 24-11-07 at 04:50 PM.
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

narl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Thanks

I know that although ppl here might be like what is CST?
      Better saying T3 until ppl know what we are talking about.
      Was Tier 3 always that busy? We got hit it 1485 calls and 0 abandoned
      Last edited by Saturday; 24-11-07 at 04:50 PM.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Admin note (and minor rant):

Please use the "Post Reply" button when posting a reply to the previous post in a thread. Using the "Quote" button just duplicates the previous post and fills the thread for no purpose (e.g. I've just removed a couple of pages of quotes in the last dozen posts in this thread).

Use the "Quote" button to selectively quote from the previous post or to reply to a post further up in the thread.

Thanks

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Thanks

deleted
      Last edited by richone54; 24-11-07 at 05:15 PM. Reason: was trying to be funny, but noticed i was not

WelshBluebird is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWTDU
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

While OT, it is linked to some posts in the thread, so I'll ask my question here.

I'm on a pretty long line (attenuation of 57 according to my ST585). Judging by the posts here, I'm assuming even if I go for the up to 16Mbps package, I will be put on normal ADSL?
      Doesn't really matter so much to me, unless Sky use SRA. Any idea if they do? (and if so, does it work ok).
      Thanks

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)