Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i buy them all a cigar well done...

billbhellend is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 information

i buy them all a cigar well done

2. Advertisement
      narl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madcat View Post
      just a quick note should be effective from the 19th november when t2 and 3 combine
      You sure? We where told that it would be Sunday 11th or Monday 12th then again it was meant to be at the start of November so it has probably been pushed back again.

techguy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02890
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3

Quote Originally Posted by Won't Be Named View Post
      This is for all the night owl people out there. Just a short note to clarify that ringing through late at night and in the early hours of the morning won't get you passed through to Tier 3. People seem to think this is true, but it isn't. You will only be passed through to Tier 3 if your ticket has been open for more than 5 days and you havn't been contacted back by them.

If your fed up with being on the phone to sky all the time and spending money then just email the Tech people. They will be more than happy to help and plus, its cheaper for yourselves.

Cheers!
      Hi id just like to say thats not strictly true. If you have a teir 3 ticket and you haven't been in contact with them for 5 days your ticket is likely to be closed! Forcing you to go through all the teir 1 crap again before it can be reopened. If you wait on teir 3 calling you back then you'll probably never receive a call as its a team of about 20 trying to sort out the uk's sky bb issues! I recommend calling in the morning as early as you can as thats your best chance to speak to teir 3.

unity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wigan
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3

I had tier three sort out my speed issue, which they did, but never got a phonecall off them. ( too buisy ? ) But they did resolve my problem :-)

tetrakm is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well I tried to get my speed upgraded they had set me to 8Mb even though I was supposed to be getting up 16....- It seem tier 3 have a customer support unit in place to try and put you off no matter what...... 55 minutes later I had no joy he tried to fob me off with my line is 1.5 miles from the exchange (it 750 meters straight), it will only support 3.5Mbs and yet it is set at a down stream off 8.1!!!! The he said the line would immediately become unstable if I went to 16Mb (why do they advertise it then - for the gullible I suppose) and then he said he was going to try and sync it at 10 which he told me would not sync and yet I was connected and could see through the router that it was connected safely at 10!!!! He then told me that the system had adjusted me from 16 to a line ration of 10 as he siad he was initially going to connect me at 10 i think that is what he did and then saying he connected me at 16 was a blatent fib - due you think this is reasonable? is there any way I can test it from here? I have the new v2 router so no way of doing the test outside of the router.

Here are the new router stats whilst connected to the master BT socket

And he could not fix my wireless issue - claiming it was my equipment!!!! Cheeky, why I orta!!!!Grrr getting someone to ring me back.....

These new routers one you get more that about 6 foot away have a lousy coverage..... (my old router I could use at the bottom of the garden - i bet they start to sell sepeate booster arials soon - ah sky & money money!!!)

Connection Speed 10172 kbps 764 kbps
      Line Attenuation 26 db 6.5 db
      Noise Margin 7 db 19 db

this is after my new upped connection

Exchange:
      Thanks

"Straight Line Distance" would be great in the real world BUT phone lines are not straight lines they go in bends and curves and they follow the road if it was all a straight line then you would get the speed you wanted.

Reason why we cant upgrade the line as you were told it would become unstable which is true the further you are away from the exchange the more speed that you will drop.

Also Tier 3 dont deal with wireless issues this is for Tier 1 to sort out not tier 3 even though MOJO will tell them to go to Tier 3 it is really upto the agent if they know alot about wireless then yes they may take the call but if they do not know much about wireless they have an option to pass it to someone else who may know abit more about wireless but it is really upto them.

I dont like wireless as it is crap and can be hacked in under a few minutes best option is to use a longer ethernet cable that way you are getting a solid connection not one that is bouncing about all over the place THEN it gets to your laptop / pc.

Also the speed is UPTO 16Mb read your terms and conditions it does say that.
      Last edited by Saturday; 24-11-07 at 04:52 PM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Thanks

Yes i agree it does say upto 16Mb in the terms and conditions. they all say that but they doin't really give you that - It is something the gadget is show is fighting at the moment......

But to get up to 16Mb you have to be placed on the ADSL2+ product which I have not so why should I except especially as I was never told I wasn't being put on it.

They should start to try and get the highest speed they can get not just fob you off and put you on the lowest speed product - I am not paying for Mid I want MAX!!!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well im on NTL (Virgin Media) and I almost always get 20Mbit so I cant really complain at all

They should start to try and get the highest speed they can get not just fob you off and put you on the lowest speed product - I am not paying for Mid I want MAX!!!
      You cant always get what you want. It depends on the exchange and the amount of bandwidth available at that time more users less bandwidth less users more bandwidth.

PC1
      PC1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakm View Post
      Connection Speed 10172 kbps 764 kbps
      Line Attenuation 26 db 6.5 db
      Noise Margin 7 db 19 db

this is after my new upped connection

Looking at your line attenuation and noise margins that is all you are going to get. At least with the V2 router you should have a stable connection with ADSL2+. Have you tried in the test socket with just the Router connected?

Exchange:
      Router:
      Thanks

Yep tried the test socket when I was trying to get them to connect me when I actually got through to Tier 3 - Maybee I should mention that the interim call centre guy did mention he had logged onto the PAC system? that was when he informed he had tried 10 and it did not sync - when at my end I could see it had synced straight away. Line has been stable to.

It was after that he told he had connected at 16 and it had synced at 10 - so you can see my suspicions are aroused. It also tells me they an set your line to whatever. DSL zone told me from the information i gave them sky had not set up adsl2+ but actually done something as undeaddevil on that forum put "He just uncapped the G.DMT". Which is BT's equivalent of adslMax but is not ASD2+

I assume the email address for writing to sky are somewhere on the site so I will definitly be writing to James Murdoch....

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)