Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by shiptoncraig I got through to Tier 3 after a 15 minute wait on Sunday. They have got ...

jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 information

Quote Originally Posted by shiptoncraig View Post
      I got through to Tier 3 after a 15 minute wait on Sunday. They have got BT to do some tests on the line and said that I will get a call back by a 3rd party company which deals with Sky and BT (I think?).

I was given a ticket number so I could contact Tier 3 again if I needed. and I'm pretty sure I will need to. Now, do I have to wait until the ticket has clsoed (5 days) or can/should I phone before then?
      call tomorrow. as early in the morning as u can. 8:01am to get put through. Tell the agent u are prepared to wait on hold as it is within ur rights to talk to them.
      It doesn't get better than this band lol

2. Advertisement
      Mr KP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wembley
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile Re: Tier 3 information

My broadband activated yesterday and had call TS as my gaming pings were really high (100ms+). My first call at around 5pm went to a centre in the Phillipines and the lady there didn't really help as she hardly understood what pings were and kept referring to her notes for help. She finally told me that I should contact the counterstike website at which point I ended the call.

Second call was at 3.30 am this morning before work and I think I got UK call centre as he was speaking fluent english albiet in a Austrialian accent, he asked me to ping some websites and admitted they were a little high. After 20 mins of testing he transferred me to a T3 colleague when I mentioned I could still log on to my previous ISP connection. The T3 guy then told me this was quite unusual and that I seem to be "double jumpered", he seemed very intrested in this and told me he could fix my gaming pings by lowering the "delay setting" and told me to contact my previous ISP that i've transferred to Sky as Sky aren't curtious enough to do it (its not TS job to do ths BTW).

So I managed to get through to T3 without any raised ticket albeit at an unholy hour. Thank you Sky for 24/7 technical support.

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KP View Post
      After 20 mins of testing he transferred me to a T3 colleague when I mentioned I could still log on to my previous ISP connection. The T3 guy then told me this was quite unusual and that I seem to be "double jumpered", he seemed very intrested in this and told me he could fix my gaming pings by lowering the "delay setting" and told me to contact my previous ISP that i've transferred to Sky as Sky aren't curtious enough to do it (its not TS job to do ths BTW).
      If your previous ISP was UKOnline, Easynet or Fredom2Surf then it would be normal, provided your account (user+pass) was still active, to be able to logon to your other ISP on the same line.

NotSoSuperhighway is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just discovered this forum and don't know whether to feel relief that I'm not alone or further disdain at Sky's ongoing level of incompetence.

Signed up last year to the Max product and was getting around 9mb after getting Tier 3 to lower my snr profile. Last few months things have got progressively worse and always seem to coincide with planned work on my exchange.

To cut a long story short got capped at 8mb, fair enough and then the last two months connections speeds dropped at one point to as low as 1.5mb before settling around the 3.5-4mb. Still obviously something wrong, did the normal checks etc. Logged a call with Tier 1, escalated to Tier 3 10th July and heard nothing back. Since then speeds will not go above 3mb. Rang yesterday to be told the original call has now been closed and I have been capped at 3mb. Not impressed, asked to be put through to Tier 3. Recited the 2min on hold rule and no surprise on not getting through. A new call logged and have to wait another 5 days but not holding my breathe. If I don't get any joy it will give me perfect ammo to ditch them before the contract ends.

Apologies for venting off but if anyone can understand it'll be you guys.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

^ you actually posted ur stats, etc.. in other parts of the forum? chances are the fault is at ur end
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

NotSoSuperhighway is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      ^ you actually posted ur stats, etc.. in other parts of the forum? chances are the fault is at ur end
      not an expert on broadband but have been around it for quite a few years and know my way around stats etc and realisitic expectations of speed related to line length, noise etc.

Currently have 2 broadband lines coming into the house. Nigh on identical stats, if anything the attenuation is actually a couple of db better on the one with Sky BB with it being a newer line circa 5-10 years as opposed to 30 years for the other one. The other line is connected to Be and I'm getting around 9mb, prior to the hot weather it was nearer 11-12mb. The Sky BB line has nothing else connected to it. I have changed the microfilters, ethernet cables, hell even the modem.

Prior to getting Sky BB, the same line had service from Bulldog and always connected at 8mb. Prior to that I was actually with Ukonline and even then a steady 8mb. So all this is my opinion points to a fault not being at my end but to get a 2nd opinion I will post my stats for what it's worth.

sky_knight is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You need the latency changed I would bet money your latency is set at interleaved phone them back, do not take any crap. Tell them you want fast band latency on your connection, they will give you all the excusses about how this will make your connection unstable (there is a possibility it may) but push on tell them you want fast latency. Your ping will drop to 30-40 depending which servers you play on ( how close you are to them )

sky_knight is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Last message for Mr KP

ah1604 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Talking Re: Tier 3 information

got through to tier 3 twice in the matter of a couple of days just pestered them as soon as i knew a ticket was open

lost a lot speed but ive no errors on my line plus they dropped my ping to 40-50 from 90-100 uve just got to get to tier 3

if ur happy to lose speed to get a better ping keep trying

alex-k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Peterborough Central
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i gues im just lucky than because i rang sky and i said that i need to my max delays be setted to 8 and he just transfered me to tier 3 in 5minutes... the guy in tier setted my max delays to 8 and thats it everything okey now it took me about 15 minutes to talk
      I speak Russian / English / Lithuanian

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)