Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Won't Be Named This is for all the night owl people out there. Just a short note ...

psychocandy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: rhiwderin
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3

Quote Originally Posted by Won't Be Named View Post
      This is for all the night owl people out there. Just a short note to clarify that ringing through late at night and in the early hours of the morning won't get you passed through to Tier 3. People seem to think this is true, but it isn't. You will only be passed through to Tier 3 if your ticket has been open for more than 5 days and you havn't been contacted back by them.

If your fed up with being on the phone to sky all the time and spending money then just email the Tech people. They will be more than happy to help and plus, its cheaper for yourselves.

Cheers!
      and Tier 3's email address is ???
      Every day when I wake up I thank the Lord I'm Welsh

2. Advertisement
      shiptoncraig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haslington
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

On phoning Sky customer support, they said that they would pass us onto Tier 3 and they would call us back. Today at about 2pm somebody with an 0870 number rang when no-one was in. Could this be Tier 3 and if so, do they try to ring back another time?

Iron_Maiden is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 information

Tier three will try to contact twice and then leave a voicemail, and after the voicemail if they need to speak to you and you do not contact them back the ticket will be closed

geordie boy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01207
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Tier 3 information

I am new to the forum and have been reading the postings - for six months now I have been trying to get the right user name and password to get properly connected. I can't get email and now use hotmail. I have spent many an hour and cost trying to get things put right - talked to all kinds of tiers (apols for my unfamiliarity to the system) - wrote to customer relations etc - have had phone calls from tier 3 people promising that my problem would be resolved without success. Recently i wrote to James Murdoch - got a reply from customer relations, then two phone calls and a phone call from the 'tech dept'? phone calls have now stopped and still cant log on. Is this normal - is it impossible to reset a system to get me logged on - am i just totally unlucky - or is it due to technical incompetence?

jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spike7451 View Post
      One slight flaw.......

Tier 1 & Tier 2 dont have E-Mail access.....
      their TL's do. Plus why has everyone got such a gripe about email? In this day and age when u can shop around ISP's is it not a better idea to use a web based email provider anyway? There's plenty of them out there. I sometimes think people like to complain for the sake of it
      It doesn't get better than this band lol

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
      and Tier 3's email address is ???
      here's a hint, get a team leader's name, and find out the company they work for, then use ur noggin

armitasp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Loughborough
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      As I said in previous post, capping lines is a last resort and leads to a (hopefully) 100% stable line which the majority of our customer base actually want....
      From experience capping doesn't seem to be a last resort it seems to be the fix all which tier 3 abuse. If this is a problem with shoddy netgear gateways not negoiating properly, why do Sky supply them.

As for the 5 day call back, on a number of occasions I've waited over 5 days then called back to find the ticket had just been closed. On one occasion I was told Sky tried to call me back but I wasn't in (strange how when I dialled 1471 that didn't quite add up).

Madjock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wallsend
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Been on to Sky BB support now since jan 07 and teh tech support is best described are utter SHYTE. Tier 3 responce to all problems is "Well best if we capped you " WTF.......
      Had a chat with the SkyBB office who told me "yeah i had a high ticket rate of problems but could i get better ISP anyway??"..
      "MMM yeh i can get cable cheers "
      Then i knew it was time to start the change of providers for my ISP with
      " Ahh but u`ll need your MAC address to change (said with a slight giggle as if she wasnt gonna give it to me )". When i replied nope dont need it casue it`s a cable company, she totally didnt get it, that i didnt need her smegging MAC addy and argued for 5mins about how i did need it .

After a this i was giving the address to write to cancel my SkyBB and claim back the nearly 100 Quid of tech assistance for calls which never helped ONCE.

Moral of this story i think is SkyBB "Suck Donkey B*alls", casue they cant do nothing about your phone line and have to beg BT to sort any problem out once it leaves the exchange, which BT aint gonna do .

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armitasp View Post
      From experience capping doesn't seem to be a last resort it seems to be the fix all which tier 3 abuse. If this is a problem with shoddy netgear gateways not negoiating properly, why do Sky supply them.

As for the 5 day call back, on a number of occasions I've waited over 5 days then called back to find the ticket had just been closed. On one occasion I was told Sky tried to call me back but I wasn't in (strange how when I dialled 1471 that didn't quite add up).
      1471 will give u the number for ukonline, don't ask why. it just does lol

shiptoncraig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haslington
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I got through to Tier 3 after a 15 minute wait on Sunday. They have got BT to do some tests on the line and said that I will get a call back by a 3rd party company which deals with Sky and BT (I think?).

I was given a ticket number so I could contact Tier 3 again if I needed. and I'm pretty sure I will need to. Now, do I have to wait until the ticket has clsoed (5 days) or can/should I phone before then?

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)