Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Dont know if the policy has been updated yet (disregard this post if it has) We (at Tier 1) have ...

DontHurtMe is offline Junior Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 information

Dont know if the policy has been updated yet (disregard this post if it has)

We (at Tier 1) have been told that we can now pass customers through to Tier 3, but there are a few conditions. We can only wait in line for a MAXIMUM of 2 minutes and we CANNOT cold transfer a customer through.

I myself tend to disregard the first rule as i think 2 minutes is simply not enough to get through to Tier 3. 4/5 Minutes is usually the time frame i give myself to get through.

I wish Sky would train more Tier 3 agents!

2. Advertisement
      WhatBroadBand is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I dont believe what im reading - everybody singing tier 3's praises ! you folks dont realise how disgusting it is down in tier 1 having to tell a customer that tier 3 are unavailable!
      we are tier 3's answering service. And dont brand us all the same. some of us have got to the point that we even write exactly what tier 3 need to do when we're creating the ticket ..just to try get things solved quicker!! its not ideal for tier 1 agents listening to unending grief and abuse from customers because of the queuing systems in place!
      yes - they certainly have improved recently with tier 3 fixing problems a lot quicker than they used to. However - we dont appreciate being verbally battered pubically by tier 3. get down to our levels and off ur high horses and do some nitty gritty.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Following up on what 'WhatBroadBand' has said:

I agree with most things you're saying, I honestly hate telling customers 'Sorry, Tier 3 are busy at the minute is it possible for you to call back later or wait for a call back?" most of all when i know its a problem thats easily fixed!

I seem to get through to the same Tier 3 agents when i call and anybody I've spoken to at Tier 3 (when I eventually get though) Are more than willing to help!

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhatBroadBand View Post
      we are tier 3's answering service.
      No, Tier 1 are not just an answering service, they are there to deal with setup issues such as double filtering, filtered faceplates etc...
      That said, it would be nice if they stopped saying customers didn't have test sockets when they do!!

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

lets not turn this in to a t1 vs t3, alot of us used to be on t1 and we know what its like.

So less hostility

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No hostility directed at Tier 3 from my point at view, more the policy's that sky has implemented !

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

my ONLY grief with tier 1 are those in the Phillapines, purely because of the language barrier that is present. Granted, so long as everything is needed in the ticket then it makes life alot easier for us.....one thing I think needs to be factored into initial troubleshooting is filtered faceplates and/or splitters going into sockets before filters - I've had a LOT of these recently where the setup is wrong purely because once the EU says 'yes I'm in the master socket' no other questions are asked as to what else is running in the master socket.

It's getting there....slowly....and we'll all continue to improve (hopefully)

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      my ONLY grief with tier 1 are those in the Phillapines, purely because of the language barrier that is present. Granted, so long as everything is needed in the ticket then it makes life alot easier for us.....one thing I think needs to be factored into initial troubleshooting is filtered faceplates and/or splitters going into sockets before filters - I've had a LOT of these recently where the setup is wrong purely because once the EU says 'yes I'm in the master socket' no other questions are asked as to what else is running in the master socket.

It's getting there....slowly....and we'll all continue to improve (hopefully)
      100% agree! I don't know what it is with the call center in the Philapines, but they really don't do any justice for the customers. I wish I had a quid for every time I've checked notes only to reveal "advised to switch off router for 30 minutes and call back". Id be a very rich man lol! On the filtered faceplates thing.. Are you talking about the newer sockets that have a slot for ADSL and the telephone line on the same socket? Ive recently just received a brief on those!

P/S I wont tar all the CSA's there with the same brush as im sure there are also many excellent CSA's there!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

So are there many guys from Tier 1 and Tier 3 here?

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by DontHurtMe View Post
      So are there many guys from Tier 1 and Tier 3 here?
      of course they wont admit it as it could get them fired dont ask me why

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)