Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Draig Oh really? Well, with my previous ISP I had 4mb speeds for 6 months or so. ...

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 information

Quote Originally Posted by Draig View Post
      Oh really? Well, with my previous ISP I had 4mb speeds for 6 months or so. I left them becuase of bad customer service, foolishly beleiving as I have had Sky tv for around 6 years, and always had great customer service from them, that this would be the same with their BB.

I have had nothing but very poor CS since joining them. After I *eventually* got connected - days after I should have been - I connected at 5mb. I was pleased.

Within a few hours the problems started.

I have been weeks at a time without any connection, my current conenction is down to 2mb, and if anything the error 300 code is worse. Last week, Mon - Fri I had that error code every single day, several times. I have had a ticket open with tier 3 for around 3 weeks, no callback, no resolution.

I'm wondering how much lower my speed will have to go before being "stable". Well there is no need, as soon as my MAC arrives I will be off to a new ISP, and I bet my house that as soon as I do I get no problems and my 4mb speed back up.

Once done, I will let you all know on here what happens regarding my speed ,who I am with etc.
      Have sky actually capped you though?

Just because your getting low speeds does not mean your capped! What are you sync'ing at?

I had the same problem low speeds disconnections etc... teir 2 claimed to have capped me but that was a lie because I always synced at around 7000 during the day before and after they claimed to cap me! Even though I sync at that speed I was lucky to get 2mb speeds!!!

Now that teir 3 capped me, and I know they have because I sync lower around 5000 everytime. I get better speeds (3.5MB) and it's stable!

2. Advertisement
      Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I sync at 2.2mb and get around 1.5 d/l

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

what does BT wholesale's DSL checker say ur line can take? chances are if you were 'capped' at that it would stabalise the connection....but seeing as you're a connect customer its not a tier 3 issue as we cannot gain access to exchange equipment to cap your line so it should be going through tier 2 - tier 1 doing a great job again i see!!

Thanks

just to reiterate, IF you're a Connect customer - you should NOT be coming to tier 3 as we do NOT have any access to exchange equipment so we cannot fix you're error 300/any speed related issues. These go to tier 2 to log to BT as you're still running on their equipment so only they can 'cap' the line if that's what's needed....

obvious is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Neath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      what does BT wholesale's DSL checker say ur line can take? chances are if you were 'capped' at that it would stabalise the connection....but seeing as you're a connect customer its not a tier 3 issue as we cannot gain access to exchange equipment to cap your line so it should be going through tier 2 - tier 1 doing a great job again i see!!
      You're tier3? ADSL synchronises to what should be a reliable level. Manual capping to address connection issues is always the wrong approach analagous to using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. It has the effect of hiding potentially serious network issues that will come back and bite you. It's a cop-out + bad business practice.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      Tier 1 are doing a bloody better job than tier 3 who have had my ticket for over 3 weeks and "reviewed" it on the 24th.

The wholsale checker said my line can take 6mb.

The sky sales guy told me 7mb.

I (eventually) got conencted at 5mb.

Nice to know after many months of dealing with tier 3 it is not their issue, and last time I spoke to tier 2 (by accident I think) they told me it WAS a tier 3 issue.

Just more examples of Sky's crap CS with departments contradicting each other, no one taking responsibility, and the one who suffers while your inter-departmental "it's-not-my-job-jack-it's-his" bull is going on is me - the customer.

(thanks for your interest and reply though, as usual I am not having a go at YOU personally but as you can see by all the conflicting info being given out in this very thread, by people who seemingly work for Sky at different levels....well, it is annoying and frustrating, and still nothing gets resolved!)
      Last edited by Draig; 30-04-07 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks

i can apppreciate it's not a go at me personally, and yes i do agree that there's a lot of mis-information flying about but peple who are off-net (connect customers) are better off going through tier 2 as they deal with BT a lot more than tier 3 speed & config', and as we can't do anything technical with your line it shouldn't be in a tier 3 que!! That's my understanding of it and if tier 2 are saying it's a tier 3 issue then they're wrong.

Also, the reason I cap line's to what DSL checkers say is cause the Netgear routers aren't great and don't handle rate adaptiveness at all well (which I'm sure a lot of you have already found out!!!). Capping the line will make it stable and usable rather than working for a few days and then kicking up a fuss again. This is my personal view and I'd rather have a stable connection than one which keeps cutting out all the time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by obvious View Post
      You're tier3? ADSL synchronises to what should be a reliable level. Manual capping to address connection issues is always the wrong approach analagous to using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. It has the effect of hiding potentially serious network issues that will come back and bite you. It's a cop-out + bad business practice.
      in reply, I only cap lines when its so unstable it won't handle the connection. We get people being sold the Max package when they're over 6k from their exchange and their line will NOT take ADSL2+/16MB at all, let alone 1MB!!!

As I said in previous post, capping lines is a last resort and leads to a (hopefully) 100% stable line which the majority of our customer base actually want....

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I have removed 2 posts, this is the last time I am going to say this. Please do not get personal and attack people on here, it is our forum and you are entitled to constructively criticise.

If you continue to have personal attacks, I will remove your posting rights.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have now moved ISP's - guess what? Not a single error 300, not a single issue, dropout, reboot or any other problem since last Thursday. I haven't even spoken to anyone at Newnet - I have not had the need. I filled the form in online, got emails as replies, a letter and a CD BEFORE I switched over confirming the date etc.

Downtime was about 20 minutes not 19 days or however long it took with Sky.

Gaming ping, still on Interleaved is down from 45 to 33 on my regular server. I have the option to goto Fast for 6. I doubt I will bother, but at least I have the option.

NOTHING has changed my end - I was even still using the crappy Sky router until yesterday when I got my Linksys one out.

Yes my speeds are a bit up and down (10 day training) but it hasn't dropped ONCE.

So whatever the issue is, it is FIRMLY with Sky as far as I am concerned, and their ridiculous excuses and poor service with terrible turnaround on resolving.

Goodbye to Sky BB, good riddance and good luck to those staying!

Thanks to those who took the time to reply to me on this forum, keep trying your best to help people, more people like you and Sky wouldn't be so bad - maybe - their systems and procedures are shocking, but that is not your fault, but until some of these basic issues are resolved it will always be bad service.

Do what you can internally to highlight how crap it is to expect customers to wait a MINIMUM of 5 WORKING days just to get a callback from tier X etc etc etc. You already know the issues - get someone to do something.
      Last edited by Draig; 14-05-07 at 01:37 PM.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)