Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, can i ask the about the 5 day call back from teir 3, is the day you phone included ...

bristol boy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: bedminster
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 information

Hi, can i ask the about the 5 day call back from teir 3, is the day you phone included in the 5 days, is it 5 working days or do weekends count in this aswell.The reason i ask is that i phoned on monday to enquire about getting my line uncapped as i feel my stats are quite good now,only for teir 1 not being able to connect me to teir 3,so was told teir 3 would phone me within 5 days,as of yet i have received no call from teir 3,am i likely to receive a call on saturday or sunday ?

2. Advertisement
      The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

hey m8, sat and sundays are included, I tend to tell folk that if its near 4-5 o clock take it from the next day as working.

hope that helps

bristol boy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: bedminster
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, Thanks for quick reply, phoned monday around 10 am, hopefully i will get a call on saturday,fingers crossed.Cheers

Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      You are entitled to your opinion, you are entitled to be annoyed, in fact the only thing you are not entitled to on our forum is to get personal against our members / Sky staff. That post in my eyes, is an uncalled for insult and we will not tolerate it.

Sky staff post on here in their own time and risk getting sacked for doing so.

Please refrain - everyone - from personal / individual attacks.

Any further instances, posts will be deleted.
      If my post came about as seeming to be a personal attack on anyone on this forum my apologies, it was not intended to be. I am totally frustrated with sky, and this can come across in posts. They are not aimed at any particular individual, especially those staff who take time to post on here.

The point I made to Guinness about hanging on the line etc I stand by.

I would have replied sooner, with a general apology, however from 8:10pm last night until 11:15 this morning I have been without service again due to error code 300.

I am getting used to it, just this week it has happened at least 12 times. I still await contact from tier3 from a ticket raised over 2 weeks ago, but I did manage to get my MAC code issued last night.

A fourth letter of complaint has been written and will be posted today demanding release from contract.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

If my post came about as seeming to be a personal attack on anyone on this forum my apologies,
      No problems, understandable sometimes, however we do not mind constructive criticism.

Apology accepted, we do not hold grudges, we just want a friendly place to hang out.

Hope you get sorted soon!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Only way I will now be sorted, sadly, is by leaving Sky, having had enough.

1pm yesterday until 11am today - error code 300 for like the 15th time this week.

Anyone at Sky called me back on a ticket like 3 weeks old yet? No.

Apparantley it was "reviewed" on the 24th. Fat lot of good that is to me.

They have blamed my old ISP, BT, me, my wiring, my PC, my exchange, my microwave, my filters.....They blame anyone they can except themselves, and do nothing about it. The fact I have spent over 150 on new wiring, checked by BT, have NEVER had an issue with any other ISP as far as connection reliablilty (other Tiscali who were also shocking, but that was years ago) is concerned...my problems started the day I went live with Sky, and continue to get worse.

About time this poor excuse for a broadband provider stood up and took responsibility, started providing real customer service and stopped blaming everyone except themselves.

Even if the root cause is the exchange, or BT - which I doubt - they need to sort it out with them - that is their job, not mine!
      Last edited by Draig; 30-04-07 at 10:20 AM.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

quickest way to sort an error 300 is get ur line capped at the speed it can actually take rather than trying to force speeds it cant handle down it.....5 min job

obvious is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Neath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      quickest way to sort an error 300 is get ur line capped at the speed it can actually take rather than trying to force speeds it cant handle down it.....5 min job
      Since when did ADSL auto negotiation 'force' anything?

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      Oh really? Well, with my previous ISP I had 4mb speeds for 6 months or so. I left them becuase of bad customer service, foolishly beleiving as I have had Sky tv for around 6 years, and always had great customer service from them, that this would be the same with their BB.

I have had nothing but very poor CS since joining them. After I *eventually* got connected - days after I should have been - I connected at 5mb. I was pleased.

Within a few hours the problems started.

I have been weeks at a time without any connection, my current conenction is down to 2mb, and if anything the error 300 code is worse. Last week, Mon - Fri I had that error code every single day, several times. I have had a ticket open with tier 3 for around 3 weeks, no callback, no resolution.

I'm wondering how much lower my speed will have to go before being "stable". Well there is no need, as soon as my MAC arrives I will be off to a new ISP, and I bet my house that as soon as I do I get no problems and my 4mb speed back up.

Once done, I will let you all know on here what happens regarding my speed ,who I am with etc.

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I feel for you I really do!

I had this problem but I would get around 40 disconnections a day but most would reconnect ASAP but 3-4 times a day I would be without broadband from anywhere between 30mins - 4hours!

Took best part of two months to resolve, BT even came out to my property but were unable to connect their test modem and laptop either. They were ment to call back in the morning to sort but guess what? No sign of them ever returning, they simply closed the order as fixed!!!

Anyway after waiting for teir 3 to ring me which by the way they never did I called tier 2 and demanded to be put through to teir 3 but the indian lady tried talking over me with her scripts ect.... at which point I just went mental, started screaming at her demanding her manager etc.... telling her that I would be taking legal action against them after 2 mins she got her manager who then put me through to teir 3!

Teir 3 bloke was helpfull and understanding and said only thing left was to cap my line and if that did not work they would release me from my contract!

However as I pointed out to him teir 2 were supposed to have capped my line over a month ago. At my request I must point out! Guess they point blank lied to me! (he remained quiet to that statement!)

Anyway since my line has been capped at 4mb which is what BT say is all my line can handle it has worked without any disconnections! TOUCH WOOD!

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)