Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Tier 3 are now open 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, either by phone, or by using the response ...

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 information

Tier 3 are now open 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, either by phone, or by using the response email support system. If you call up, and have an open ticket, or even have a ticket opened, you will be able to get through to Tier 3, However, if the queue is over 2 mins long, tier 1 cant stay on the line (its not efficient), and will advise of the 5 day waiting period ( which it is, it is not 10 days as advised above). There is no way around this, unless you call at night time, or email.

2. Advertisement
      H0OPERS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

As already stated, a customer can ask to be put through to tier 3, no problem, as long as they have had a ticket open for at least 5 days! but be preparerd to listen to.. not so bad music, for 40 - 45 mintues, sometimes longer.

Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am now down to 2.5 mb connection speed.

I get error 300 almost every night.

If I disconnect the router and then plug it back in, this sometimes fixes it.

Sometimes I have to wait an hour or so then it starts working again.

TBH to call tier1 to get a ticket then spend an age on hold to tier3 makes my soul shudder, I have done it so many times. To be told I have to wait the 5 days is terrible, it happens all the time.

I log each time it happens, I am hoping to build the case enough to leave Sky, it is ridiculous.

Sky when it works is fine, but customer response and service is dire when ou have problems.

No one gives a damn really, response is days an days too slow.

I would never recommend Sky to anyone, I hope i get out of the contract.

Previously I was paying more but at least had 4.5 - 5.5 mb. At least it didn't disconnect several times each night. At least I didn't face umpteen days of without service and face paying for a call to raise a ticket then having to wait days before being able to speak somone who could possibly action something constructive, and often being told they will refer it back to BT (5 more WORKING days) Customer service there was bad also, and why I left, but has nothing on this abysmal service.

I will continue to log this, then goto someone else, and see Sky in court for not providing the service they promised me should they pursue the remainder of contract.

obvious is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Neath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Good for you Draig. It's the few like yourself who are prepared to fight the fight who improve the service for the rest of us.

Kick up an almighty stink (while remaining civil of course). Make sure as many high up sky personnel as possible get to see the problems you're having. For extra points, copy emails to trading standards, watchdog etc. Don't forget to let them know that you're posting here as well.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H0OPERS View Post
      As already stated, a customer can ask to be put through to tier 3, no problem, as long as they have had a ticket open for at least 5 days! but be preparerd to listen to.. not so bad music, for 40 - 45 mintues, sometimes longer.
      no, they changed it now. If you need a ticket raised, advisors will try and put you throuhg to Tier 3 there and then. If the queue is longer than 2 mins, you will have to wait 5 days, but if its less than 2 mins, you'll be put through

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

This is correct. and if they say they will just drop you in the que u say NO, as it should be warm transferd or a ticket made for callback. otherwise well have to go through the basics again, as most of the time they wont update the ticket notes.

Further explanation added for the benifit of draig
      Last edited by The Doctor; 27-04-07 at 08:31 PM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What a crock.

2mins to get through to tier3. Hahahahahahaha.

your telling me if tier 1 can't get you through to tier 3 in 2mins or less then you wait 5 DAYS for callback if your lucky?!?!? Hahahahahha.

No thanks, drop me on the line, stuff your "warm transfer" I will wait 45mins, 1 hour , 1 hour 30 and get the job done that night, rather than wait on a ficticious callback after 5 WORKING days, and 12 days later when you get a callback told you have to refer it on to BT and wait another week or so.

You seriously have NO IDEA what customer service is about.

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I never asked if you liked it or not, im just sayin dont let them dump u in the que or well just have to go through it all again. for the callers bennifit not ours, I dont mind doing the basics and finding out theres a million foot extension lol.

Quite simple really but if you have any issues u wish to discuss just pm me, and not all of us are useless and dont give a crock, hence why were on here.
      Last edited by The Doctor; 27-04-07 at 08:48 PM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You contradict yourself there Guinness. You say you agree with the statement if they cannot get through to tier 3 in 2mins (as if) you have to wait 5 days.

Then if the wait is longer than this 2 mins and they offer to leave you on the tier 3 line, your advising us to say "no". This will simply tie up that tier 1 operator for a ludicrous amount of time, which i am sure they will not be allowed to do. So we are back to waiting 5 days. None of which is to the callers benefit.

No thanks, dump me on the line and I will go through it all again with tier 3, regardless of what you say it will be faster than waiting 5 days for a callback which often doesn't happen anyway. If tier 1 don't update ticket notes as they should then tier 3 best take that up with them.

Of course not all of you are useless, just most of you, and the Sky idea of customer service IS useless. Five days. Pah.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 27-04-07 at 09:07 PM. Reason: to correct spelling errors / removed by Newsreader

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Of course not all of you are useless,
      You are entitled to your opinion, you are entitled to be annoyed, in fact the only thing you are not entitled to on our forum is to get personal against our members / Sky staff. That post in my eyes, is an uncalled for insult and we will not tolerate it.

Sky staff post on here in their own time and risk getting sacked for doing so.

Please refrain - everyone - from personal / individual attacks.

Any further instances, posts will be deleted.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 27-04-07 at 09:09 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)