Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Tier 3 information

This is a discussion on Tier 3 information within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I phoned Tech support last week and the person I spoke to in tier 1 claimed my slow speed (connected ...

Pompeyfan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sandown
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 information

I phoned Tech support last week and the person I spoke to in tier 1 claimed my slow speed (connected at 7Mb but only download at 2Mb) was caused by programs in my startup group taking the bandwidth.

TBH so far the only complaint I have about Sky BB other than the slow download speed is the stupid technical support system - fair enough having tier 1 taking calls and allocatting them to tier 2 or 3 if they can't solve the problem but having to wait 5 days before you can speak to the next level of tech support takes the **** - Sky is my 5th BB ISP and with each of the other 4 if the first person you spoke to in tech support couldn't help you got put through to someone who could - none of this 5 day wait crap.

2. Advertisement
      Jack_Bauer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by its a bud life View Post
      the problem is, like many posts in this topic T3 are swamped by problems that T1s can and should easily fix however people do seem to forget that not all T1's are hopeless
      Couldn't agree more, however it would help if T1 weren't raising tickets to a T3 level for silly little things like connecting through 40 foot extension cables (i kid you not) It would be so much easier if we all followed the same script ensuring every customer gets the same level and attention to detail. Unfortunately this is difficult to do due to the fact there's so many different scenario's/options that can go wrong when setting up a broadband connection.

some T3 that are just as useless as T1's.
      Again I'd agree there as well but your going to get that sort of thing in every working environment, it the usual "Why does he/she get promoted when i can do the job better?"

You don't know you can preform the job any better until you've had the full training and gained the experience in actually doing it - where as i know for a fact i can do T1

Rant also over
      )
      ..) .) .) .) .) .)
      (. (.` (. 24 on Sky 1 - Jack's back

its a bud life is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

see the system that t1's use is written by a person who does not know what he is writing about and read by people who don't want to do the job t1 can be a depressing place to work in and at peak times when you have beep after beep of angry customers half of whom shouldn't actually be in the queue for t2/t3 you just want to give up and it can be the customers who do not get the problem looked at. i mean i ask t1's is the customer using an extension cable? " no is the reply" ask the customer this " yes" the customer is getting a resolution 20-40 mins after someone who is through and knows abit about adsl technology which might i point out they are trained on.

phew all that in one breath!!

Jack_Bauer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

see the system that t1's use is written by a person who does not know what he is writing about and read by people who don't want to do the job
      Where are you getting this information from? Your limited experience?

The system that T1's use has been tried and tested thoroughly before being implemented, it's a tool that is there for your benefit which you can shape and develop with suggestions on how best to improve it by you. You don't want to do the job? Fair enough - go ask Ronald McDonald for a "career" flipping burgers !

the customer is getting a resolution 20-40 mins after someone who is through and knows abit about adsl technology which might i point out they are trained on.
      I assume you mean someone who is "thorough" (not through) and who "knows abit about adsl technology " Again it boils down to training, if there's something your not sure of ask and find out. At the end of the day we're all there only because our customers are paying our wages and I for one want to try and provide the best level of technical support i can.
      )
      ..) .) .) .) .) .)
      (. (.` (. 24 on Sky 1 - Jack's back

SKIMBLET is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WORLE
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I got put throught to tier 3, eventually, and they even called me back on one occasion, from what I could tell tier 3 are based in an office that still calls itself easynet even though when called they deny having anything to do with sky. The number if you want to give it a try is 02070324444. I have found the best time to get the t1&2 to put you through is before 9am, although you do need to have an open ticket first, and they will probably refuse but just persist and they should do it.

rnfrds is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Deptford
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I was going through that saynoto0870 website and there is a actually a telephone number that answers "Welcome to SKY Broadband tier 3".

Lindemans is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bury MRBUR
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well come on then, give us the number pleeeeeeeeeeease mate.

ForToffee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Farnborough
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Number I used this morning was 02070326352, which was direct to T3 it would appear. The number 02070324444 mentioned above seems to take you direct to EasyNet so I hung up, having read elsewhere that they get a little upset if you go that route (even thought they're now part of Sky).

julessandra is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ashton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi, i can also confirm the above tel no (02070326352) i was given the the no by t1................. enjoy

Lindemans is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bury MRBUR
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

That is excellent, many thanks if this works. Going to try it over the weekend sometime so fingers crossed.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)