Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving out for 3 months?

This is a discussion on Moving out for 3 months? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; We are due to have major repair work done on our house which will probably mean moving out for around ...

Claremac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01737
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Moving out for 3 months?

We are due to have major repair work done on our house which will probably mean moving out for around 3 months from September. If the place we move to has no Sky dish which is quite likely, I'm trying to think of our options. Obviously we will need to arrange for TV and broadband at our temporary accommodation although will probably rely on mobile for the phone and divert our own landline number if we can do that. Our contract with Sky (broadband, phone and TV) at our own house runs out in October. We could let it lapse but that would mean no Sky TV especially sport.

If we renew it what are our options for watching TV? We have Sky Go so could watch Sky on a computer but that would tie up the computer for anything else. Could we attach it to a TV to watch it there instead? Or use our Chromecast in some way? I'm pretty sure that Sky would block you from doing that though. Any help appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Moving out for 3 months?

Now TV? Though might be a bit expensive if you are relying on mobile broadband.

Claremac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01737
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I've just had a look at Now TV and that would certainly sort out the Sky Sports side of things. I've never bothered looking at Now TV before as I have a good deal with Sky but it looks like a good option in this situation. I wonder if Sky would freeze my contract as I can't use it at home?

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Claremac View Post
      I wonder if Sky would freeze my contract as I can't use it at home?
      Unlikely though you could always ask. Failing that give notice to downgrade to the original bundle then cancel Sky TV 31 days prior to the end of your contract.

If you set your marketing preferences to allow Sky to contact you, you may even get a cut price deal to return to Sky TV when you move back into your newly refurbished property.