Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Certain Website not working if you have SKY Broadband..works fine everywhere else!

This is a discussion on Certain Website not working if you have SKY Broadband..works fine everywhere else! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have a website pointing to our companys citrix netscaler for when i want to check email. When i browse ...

pierresmit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01689
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy Certain Website not working if you have SKY Broadband..works fine everywhere else!

I have a website pointing to our companys citrix netscaler for when i want to check email. When i browse to the same website from my phone (not on wifi) it works as expected.
      This has affected 8 people who has Sky Broadband at home.
      Other people who have virgin/bt/talktalk are not affected.

Any pointers much appreciated although i am convinced that this is a Sky problem.

Just found that browsing to the https://IP Address/vpn/index.html does actually work.

2. Advertisement
      sdd
      sdd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Certain Website not working if you have SKY Broadband..works fine everywhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by pierresmit View Post
      I have a website pointing to our companys citrix netscaler for when i want to check email. When i browse to the same website from my phone (not on wifi) it works as expected.
      This has affected 8 people who has Sky Broadband at home.
      Other people who have virgin/bt/talktalk are not affected.

Any pointers much appreciated although i am convinced that this is a Sky problem.

Just found that browsing to the https://IP Address/vpn/index.html does actually work.
      Just been on the Citrix site and working fine been all round it or is it just your email thats not working?

Nobody is Perfect.....I am Nobody....Therefore I am Perfect

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Re: Certain Website not working if you have SKY Broadband..works fine everywhere else!

I have the issue with facebook and twitter today, still persists.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Amazon had loads of problems last night. This was nothing to do with Sky, but depending on how the traffic is directed it may be the cause of your issues.

Does you site have any potential issues that may cause the rating to be 18+? I would look at your 'Broadband Shield' settings and check that they are suitable for you.

Sadly they're a 'one size fits all' feature, so if you have young children you wish to protect and want to access work, it could be an issue.

https://broadbandshield.sky.com/

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

That glitch the other day was with the Amazon Web Services Virginia datacentre having problems with their Simple Storage Service
      If a site or app uses any form of cloud-native delivery, namely object storage to propagate data from around the web, that is what was failing.
      Not sure it actually hit any UK sites to any degree.

Use citrix in many forms all the time, have not seen any known problems lately.
      This sounds like a localised issue.
      Sky Broadband shield should have no effect on this, but might be worth a disable.