Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

I've been having really bad lag and connection issues the last couple of days

This is a discussion on I've been having really bad lag and connection issues the last couple of days within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; What's going on? Is it just me? Is Sky experiencing technical issues? Usually Sky broadband runs quite well for me ...

wewlad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I've been having really bad lag and connection issues the last couple of days

What's going on? Is it just me? Is Sky experiencing technical issues?

Usually Sky broadband runs quite well for me but it's been horrible the last two days. I keep dropping connection and get that Sky diagnostic/repair message. Also really bad lag spikes in Titanfall 2 and Infinite Warfare on PS4.

My broadband is connected to the main phone outlet (with all filters connected to all phones etc), I've tried resetting and rebooting the box by turning it off for more than 10 minutes to no real avail. Any other solutions? Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: I've been having really bad lag and connection issues the last couple of days

About all you can do, apart from phoning Sky, is remove the faceplate from the master socket and plug into the Test socket. Before doing so, take your stats, then take them again from the Test socket for comparison. Post the results.

How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

gmangt4 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Re: I've been having really bad lag and connection issues the last couple of days

I'm not sure about IW as stopped playing it after 2 days and play COD remastered instead, as for Titanfall 2 I was wondering the same, I am usually in a party of 3 and we all have had lag at the same time on TF2 multiplayer, we where thinking its the game servers as on the the scoreboard you can see the pings spike?? Other 2 guys I party up with are also on Sky FTTC so you might have a point, anyway I don't know and was just letting you know your not alone . I've just migrated to FTTC in the last month and I use my own kit and my Xboxes are all hardwired to to my Asus router with QOS setup for gaming, I am also plugged directly in to the test socket as no other device plugged in to the phone line, only my Billion in bridge mode.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmangt4 View Post
      I'm not sure about IW as stopped playing it after 2 days and play COD remastered instead
      lol... damn dude not even here can I escape the meme hate for IW... amazing :P. I love the game personally.

Anywho, it turned out to be a problem with the microfilter. Can't believe that actually worked, never ever expect that to be the solution but it was. Wew, back to happy internet, thanks for the replies guys.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well I was wrong. It wasn't the microfilter and internet connection is still being so erratic. Some days it's decent, other days like now the lag is insanely variable and it makes online unplayable. Sky guy made me do a bunch of things, use the test socket, etc nothing worked.

We'd switch to virgin in a heartbeat but we're leaving soon and they don't allow us to freeze the contract. So lame. Last time I spoke with them Sky said we'd have to pay for an engineer but forget that.

Idk if this problem is fixable. The internet doesn't seem to drop anymore and I guess that's all they'd care about rather than ping issues. Sucks.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Still waiting on you posting your stats?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

BurnIT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01827
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Tom, I wonder!!