Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree4Likes

Sky customers face higher bills from March

This is a discussion on Sky customers face higher bills from March within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well I don't call that notifying. It is no better than publishing legal notices on the sports page of the ...

BurnIT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01827
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky customers face higher bills from March

Well I don't call that notifying.
      It is no better than publishing legal notices on the sports page of the West Hebrides Obsever and telling people they have complied with legal requirements to publisise it prominently.

Does that "Sadly" sentence mean the don't at all or they don't other than in that link?
      They are keen enough to notify of money making schemes!
      speedyrite likes this.

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

And, for me, that page didn't work (just threw up a "contact us" error message) during the 12 months immediately following the end of my subscription to TV. It now works again, but there are only ever TV offers - never talk and/or broadband offers. Nor anything for Sky Mobile, which - as a talk & broadband only customer of course - is because I'm now just a "second class" customer.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

I guess there are two sides to this dilemma. A lot of people would be upset and complain about all the junk mail they keep getting from Sky. On the other hand there's those who actually want all the different offers sent to them, but once you've used up an offer you'll need to wait a whole year under normal circumstances before you can benefit again. So I guess you'll be joining the first group for the rest of the year and complain about all the pointless junkmail you keep getting from Sky.

You can check the Sky Advertising setting in the My Sky page. This will help place you in the picking list for any advertising. This is also where AdSmart gets some information too.

I have to laugh when I get some of the junk mail delivered every now and then. VM keeps trying to push their products my way. Unfortunately for them, and fortunately for me, they can't supply their products to my home.

As for what's pushed in the offers section, yes it is mostly TV content under normal circumstances. To date I've never seen a "get 50% off everything you have if you call us today" offer. That I'm sure would be hugely popular. Instead at the moment I see ads for Sky Mobile, Sky Sports, Sky Q (for 12 extra a month), Sky Asia Pack & the Introduce a friend offer.

As for the 'contact us' error page, I got that too. I had to sign out, then sign back in again.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

BurnIT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01827
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

I would love to be able to take advantage of many of the offers, but that would require them amending their books and actually supplying the cable that was not fitted because utilities can't organise their work properly.

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

The free broadband for life offer last year for existing customers was on billboards round here and was sent in the mail. Not sure if that appeared in the mysky offers.
      The 50% and 65% offers get activated in mysky once you hit cancel during your 30 days of leaving and remain after leaving.
      Like you say you must have the comms turned on in mysky to see the offers.
      Sky do ring up for offers too, close to your contracts ending. If you do not trust a phone call actually being from sky ask them to add a note to your account, then ring up and ask the sky cs to use that offer.

By the way, send an email to virgin media customer support, naming mail preference and that you want no more communication to that address.
      I did this six months ago (used to get post form them about every fortnight) and have had none from them since. What made me laugh is my direct neighbour is a long term virgin media customer and got the same junk mail form them. They replied to their email and apologised that they were getting the junk mail as well as genuine offers.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I do have (and always have had) comms turned on in mysky, but that error always showed during the 12 months after I dropped Sky TV. Then it suddenly stopped happening and started showing offers again on the first day after it was 1 year from the end of my TV contract. Nothing changed settings-wise in mysky. Just saying really - all a bit odd! And I never get any marketing or offers by email or phone call or post from Sky either. Maybe they don't want me any more...
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12