Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help - No dial tone

This is a discussion on Help - No dial tone within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Help please. Since my line has been activated my sky broadband is working but have no dial tones on my ...

paul01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Help - No dial tone

Help please.

Since my line has been activated my sky broadband is working but have no dial tones on my phones. I have reported the problem to BT and Sky but still no luck.

I have even tried disconnecting filters to test the line but still to no avail.

I am now due a visit from Bt on Friday if the fault cant be fixed, this is the second time as they said it was fixed earlier in the week but guess what it wasnt.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by paul01; 15-11-06 at 09:08 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Paul

Yep thats BT for you and as it seems to be a PSTN fault only BT can sort it out for you, they messed mine up as well was down for 5 days and 3 engineers later before it was sorted.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

paul01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No dial tone

Thanks hopefully mine will be resolved by the weekend.

Anon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Could be a problem with the Splitter card, although when the BT engineer shifted the jumpering in the exchange over to the LLU blocks, he should have checked for dial-tone at both ends. Sounds like someone hasn't been doing their job properly.

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Sounds like one half of your unbundling wiring was done.

That's one half more than mine.

Cockney is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Morley, Leeds
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I have a similar problem but my phone sometimes works & sometimes doesn't, i contacted BT who said the line was fine & i have tried various things with connections but still the same problem. Do i need to contact BT about this & ultimately is it their fault as i don't want an extra bill off them............

This has only occured since getting Sky BB

Steve

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      If its a phone line problem then its BT problem after all its them you pay for the line rental, unless you have changed any of the wiring in the house which they need to sort out then there should be no charge.

Just call 151 and tell them you have an interment fault on the phone line and would like it fixed.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Word of warning tho,Whatever you do,DO NOT mention you have BBand!In my experience,if you do,BT'll pass the buck back to the service provider!!

sh500 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Cockney View Post
      I have a similar problem but my phone sometimes works & sometimes doesn't, i contacted BT who said the line was fine & i have tried various things with connections but still the same problem. Do i need to contact BT about this & ultimately is it their fault as i don't want an extra bill off them............

This has only occured since getting Sky BB

Steve
      I've got (had) the same problem as you Cockney, dial tone would randomly just go on and off- had 2 visits from BT engineers; they have said that the line should be ok now. Although BT didn't directly blame any of my ADSL equipment, I'm quite sure that the problem is as a result of Sky's equipment.

My connections/wiring for ADSL was installed by a BT engineer about 5 years ago (master ADSL socket, etc). I have never had problems when with BT broadband. About a month into having Sky, I started getting all these weird problems. Initially, I tried a quick test: whenever I would plug in my Sky router box the dial tone would cut off.

It turns out that Sky have (and they admit- for no apparent reason) 'ceased' my BB line and would have to re-activate it. Coming upto 4 weeks without a broadband connection.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry about the cease mate hope they get you sorted soon

As for BT how can they blame anyone or your ADSL equipment for there problems as they are the people who make all the necessary changes in the exchange when moving you from there DSlams to the Easynet ones and if they mess it up then its up to them to sort it, they did they very same thing to me and I had no service of any kind for 5 days and when they did finally sort it out they tried to bill me 55 for a call out charge to the exchange.
      Ray

click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast