Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Help - No dial tone

This is a discussion on Help - No dial tone within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; We've had quite a lot of cease's put on peoples lines of late.And it can be a bit of a ...

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      We've had quite a lot of cease's put on peoples lines of late.And it can be a bit of a pain in the ear having to ring a punter & explain to them they'll need to re-order as someone somewhere funked up!! Me,I turn the volume down on the phone,get a coffee & hold the earpeice away from my ear when I break the news........

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Chicken

Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks
      I have delicate eardrums....

skinnypete is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Same here, for about a week we were out.
      just got a crackly noise, this happened about 3 weeks after getting sky broadband.
      2 engineers aswel later, it was fixed.

sh500 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by spike7451 View Post
      We've had quite a lot of cease's put on peoples lines of late.And it can be a bit of a pain in the ear having to ring a punter & explain to them they'll need to re-order as someone somewhere funked up!! Me,I turn the volume down on the phone,get a coffee & hold the earpeice away from my ear when I break the news........
      You don't really work for Sky do you?? haha

Anyway, I need my BB back quick fast- so not sure to wait or just cancel the [new] order. Spike7451- what do you recommend?

Thanks
      If you've made a fault report with Tier 1 & have a ticket number,best bet would e to ring up & ask to be put thru to Tier 2 for a update.If you have made a report but dont have a ticket number,still ring up & ask if there has one been raised.If no number,chances are it's not been escallated to us.If you dont have a dial tone,you'll need to ring BT but DONT mention you've BBand or it'll turn into a blame game again.If you're lines's been ceased,you'll need provisioning as there is NOTHING (AND some people cant get this thru their heeds!!!) that Tier 1 or 2 can do about it!
      Also,ask someone to check your DSL speed as we've had loads of punters stuck on 'Max Pack' but their line can only support ,in some cases,as little as 516Kbms (I kid you not!) & their line needs to be capped.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @spike7451

Yes i do understand everything that you say about Tier 1 & 2- but i think (and speaking for the majority of Sky users), if tech support were consistent in what they said, i wouldn't have so much of a problem. Numerous calls were made and everytime they would give me different excuses as to what the problem was.

My call has indeed been passed to the provisioning team. Any ideas on how long it would be before I have the internet running??

I am on the max package but only achieve something like 4MB tops.

P.S. No personal digs at you with the above of course

Thanks
      Non taken,
      Unfortunatly,I dont but If you get thru to Tier 2,we can look into it further.One of the main problems is that we can be working on a ticket then we get a call from the Phillapines (who are,in a nutshell & to be brutally honest here,f***ing useless!!!!) & so then we have to deal with that call (often obvious stuff overlooked by Tier 1!) & so on & so on & you lose track of what you were doing on what ticket.
      You might need you're line capped or go to a lower pack.
      Spike

paul01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Help !

Just to let you know its still not resolved, I am still waiting for BT to resolve the fault. At the moment over the last week I think its 10 -9 to BT now on phonecalls.

Skybroadband have now passed me to TIER 3 and BT have said it will all be resolved by last week as its a problem at the exchange but still no joy. BT even said it was fixed at one stage last week, I have now been reverted back to dial tone but no broadband.

My other moan is that when I ring either company I seem to speak to people in India or the Phillipines who ask me to repeat everything again, and when they say they will transfer me I get cut off.

I am using a friends machine to post this as I have no internet access, all in all I am about to give up, what an absolute shambles, even TIER2 and 3 dont ring you back when they say they will.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes, I must agree with you paul01; I was told that a 3rd Tier engineer would call me back to explain what the problem was- I had to phone about 5 times just to find out the progress of the call then to find out that someone had put a cease on my line. Still no apology from Sky for doing this!

And you're right about the 1st Tier helpdesk guys- they haven't a clue about anything(!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast