Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Over 8 weeks now....

This is a discussion on Over 8 weeks now.... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; OK im on the Blackburn exchange and have been told the problem at the exchange has been fixed, People I ...

afitc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Over 8 weeks now....

OK im on the Blackburn exchange and have been told the problem at the exchange has been fixed, People I know who signed up weeks after I did are on. Ive had no internet since the 11th Sept when Sky cancelled my existing ISP. Ive now spent over 6hrs on the phone to Sky in the last 2 months.
      Every time I call im made to do all their tests and we agree I have no sync with the exchange (no internet light) Im told it will be reported to BT and will be sorted in 3-5 days.
      Then when I call back after 3 and then 5 days im told they cancelled the ticket as there was no problem found???
      It cant possibly take this long to fix a problem so im wondering if theres any way to check if the fault is being properly reported to the correct people at BT as I can think of nothing else but to cancel sky and give up after this amount of time.
      Any ideas?
      Cheers

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry to see that you are having such problems, no really a lot more you can do as only SkyBB TS can sort this out if there is a fault in the exchange that is.

Have you tested another router on the line to see if that will sync as it could be the Sky box is broken ?

You could try calling Sky on 0207 7053000 and ask to speak to Customer Relations.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

afitc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks for that ray, will give the number a call. Have tried my old router and it wont sync either.

kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I had the same trouble and never got feedback on how long it's going to take or when I can expect to be online. Got sick of them, cancelled, line cleared in two weeks, signed up with Be Broadband, and online after only 1 week

MattB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexleyheath
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      God, that's awful. I'm almost to eight weeks myself but my activation date was 20 September so not long to go!

Have absolutely no idea when I'll be connected.

I've tried a few things to get my case escalated but it's deeply frustrating that no-one can seemingly do anything.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @afitc

Great hope they can help you out good luck

@kkhalil76

Its great news that BE sorted you out and that you are now happy.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @Matt

Try the same advice I gave afitc above.
      Ray

click here