Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

G-DMT Profile at the Exchange

This is a discussion on G-DMT Profile at the Exchange within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Anyone know what this is / means ? It's apparently the cause of my line being unstable for the last ...

Mr Angry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Putney, London
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

G-DMT Profile at the Exchange

Anyone know what this is / means ? It's apparently the cause of my line being unstable for the last two months and resetting it overnight to "Auto" will solve all my problems (line dropping every few minutes when uncapped but managing a few hours when capped at 128k despite a line att of 14 and nm in the high 20's.

2. Advertisement
      The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      setting it to auto is what we usualy do, but cant realy see that being the cause of the issues your having, did u get left a msg from t3? if so did they say anything about your margins etc

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This was after an hours conversation with Tier 3 today (I've had two previous 1 hour conversations with them whilst I've had my kit plugged into the test socket) during which they spoke to openreach, tested the line, and their spoke to their ops team and this is all they could come up with since BT say there are no physical faults with any of their bits of kit / I'm on my third router / and sky say my margins etc are excellent - I practically live next to the exchange.

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      its a strange one then m8, see if it makes a diffrence im hoping it does but if there saying these is no problem thats leavin little options especialy if nothings showing up when were in the exchange.

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

you think its strange - I feel like I'm in the twilight zone! I've been reporting the same problem for 2 months since I was activated and its still here despite 3 lengthy conversations with Tier 3 and three routers (not to mention all the meaningless ones with tiers 1 and 2 trying to get to speak to tier 3). As far as I can tell they haven't actually been in to the exchange - they keep reporting the fault to BT and BT keep closing it after two days saying everythings fine without telling Tier 3 (apparently) and certainly no one tells me - so I sit here waiting for them to do something until I finally lose patience and battle my way back through the protective tiers.

They're due to call me tomorrow morning so I'll find out if this profile reset works then. I'm not holding my breath. I have a sneaking feeling there's something wrong with sky's kit at the exchange but they seem confident / unwilling to check it.

The only other thing I can add is that my noise margin is quite variable - anywhere between 15 and 30 jumping around every few seconds (as watched through the show stats tab in the router) line att has always been around 14. Cant really comment on speed as I've been capped at 128k for the last month in order to have a connection that at least stays up for an hour or two at a time.