Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By lettice

New Sky Q Hub Master Microfilter

This is a discussion on New Sky Q Hub Master Microfilter within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi everyone Got my new broadband hub yesterday in preparation for Sky Q. All the bumpf with it notes to ...

velcro is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Liberton
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Thanks

Question New Sky Q Hub Master Microfilter

Hi everyone

Got my new broadband hub yesterday in preparation for Sky Q. All the bumpf with it notes to replace all the existing items I have with the new stuff.
      The new 'Master Microfilter' is obviously different from previous devices and the unit is a fixed shape without any cabled bit. Unfortunately due to the position of my master socket (well, only socket tbh) it's not going to fit because a bit of the wall overhangs the top of the master socket and gets in the way of the body of the Master Microfilter.
      When I phoned Sky, the woman I spoke to didn't seem to understand my question - anyone here able to confirm that the new Master Microfilter is definitely required and does it come in a different shape?
      I guess my other options are to try move the socket slightly (seems a bit risky), or find some kind of 'extender' so I can connect a cable into the master socket and then be able to connect the Master Microfilter to that instead?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers

vel

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Re: New Sky Q Hub Master Microfilter

Quote Originally Posted by velcro View Post
      Hi everyone

Got my new broadband hub yesterday in preparation for Sky Q. All the bumpf with it notes to replace all the existing items I have with the new stuff.
      The new 'Master Microfilter' is obviously different from previous devices and the unit is a fixed shape without any cabled bit. Unfortunately due to the position of my master socket (well, only socket tbh) it's not going to fit because a bit of the wall overhangs the top of the master socket and gets in the way of the body of the Master Microfilter.
      When I phoned Sky, the woman I spoke to didn't seem to understand my question - anyone here able to confirm that the new Master Microfilter is definitely required and does it come in a different shape?
      I guess my other options are to try move the socket slightly (seems a bit risky), or find some kind of 'extender' so I can connect a cable into the master socket and then be able to connect the Master Microfilter to that instead?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers

vel
      Just use your old Master Microfilter with the cable. It will be fine,
      The new one is just the latest design and saves it hanging from the socket with the cable.
      velcro likes this.

velcro is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Liberton
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Thanks

Thanks - will give it a bash

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If you have an NTE5 socket you would be far better fitting a VDSL faceplate.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.