Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DNS error on sites I know are working

This is a discussion on DNS error on sites I know are working within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am encountering some frustrating issues. I have sky at a couple of different properties and general the service works ...

sky360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

DNS error on sites I know are working

I am encountering some frustrating issues. I have sky at a couple of different properties and general the service works fine. I currently am working on a number of different websites hosted with a company in the US. These are on subdomains of a main domain I have.

Periodically these return a DNS error and will not load, however when I access through VPN on the browser they are there. I also can confirm that they are not down to other users, or via a web check. Domains also on the server work fine. The IP is not blocked and I can only assume that there is an issue with the way Sky processes the information on these domains that is dropping them from loading a umber of times per day. I have tried three different browsers, different machines and locations but with sky always have the same problem. If I try via a 4g connection they load .. I am at a loss to solve this one but hopefully someone here will have an idea as Sky haven't really been that helpful.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + pfSense 2.4b
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Re: DNS error on sites I know are working

Try changing your DNS servers on your computer to the Google or OpenDNS ones.

Google = 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
      OpenDNS = 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

You may also want to try flushing the DNS cache on your computer if you get a failure.

if it's windows, then run a cmd prompt and enter ipconfig /flushdns
      Last edited by marjohn56; 19-05-16 at 06:26 PM.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------