Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Faulty Tie Piers - 4 weeks to fix ?? unreal

This is a discussion on Faulty Tie Piers - 4 weeks to fix ?? unreal within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Round in circles we go ive got faulty tie piers on my line - my old LLU was installed and ...

Ricey155 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exhall, Coventry - CMEXH
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Faulty Tie Piers - 4 weeks to fix ?? unreal

Round in circles we go

ive got faulty tie piers on my line - my old LLU was installed and ceased with no problems

SKY tell me its faulty, and its 4 weeks from 6th nov (the date they fount it) my connection date was 30th oct

i dont know whether to believe them or not as ive been told so many stories, ive asked a mate to ask a BT guy whats really going on with my line

i cant believe i cant speak directly to BT openreach seeing as im a BT line customer

so how do they fix a tie pier ??? long job or a simple wire problem

im fed up with travelling to use a pals net or a wifi hotspot - costing me a fortune

2. Advertisement
      Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks
      Tie pairs are twisted pairs of wire. You have two pairs for the LLU connection, one from your line to sky's equipment and one to carry the voice part of the line back to the BT kit.

Generally there would be a cable with 100 pairs, probably more these days. Not all pairs are usually used, some just sit there as spares for people like you. Disconnecting your corrent tie pairs and connecting one of these spares would take ten minutes or so. BUT sky will probably send Telent (the engineers) to places where they can enable a whole exchange first as this will make them more money than the tenner a month thet you will (presumably) claim back off them.

So basically it takes so long because you're not important to Sky.

Just as an example of how little they care about jobs like this. My exchange has a broken card. The card supports 72 connections so I guess 72 people are without internet connections around here. It's been broken for about a month and there's no end in sight yet.

Ricey155 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exhall, Coventry - CMEXH
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Hoagie cheers for the heads up, believe me mate i know sky dont care about me infact they just lie

i have a mate who works for BT phone side he's asked the question after i gave him the ref number for Bt job

BT side is all fine he said SKy themselves did the Joining work for there cable that runs up to the 2nd floor where sky host there Server or Hub whatever they have in there

BT arent allowed to fix the problem due to be expensive, he also said they have inexperienced installers doing the job so no wonder they f!!k it up

Sky just lie and lie and lie and give me no time scale - he sid if i went with BT it would be fixed straight away

im serious about cancelling and heading back to good old BT Home Hub