Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

waiting for equipment to arrive

This is a discussion on waiting for equipment to arrive within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; having ordered sky max about 10 days ago i received a message to say that my line will be activated ...

yuffie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BA2
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

waiting for equipment to arrive

having ordered sky max about 10 days ago i received a message to say that my line will be activated tomorrow (14/11) which is fine but i have yet to receive the router

so i rang sky this morning to be told that it hadn't been sent yet and to ring back tomorrow to find out why

the girl said the requested will been upgraded (or something like that) to SRT - what's that mean and have I just been palmed off?

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      It does sounds as though you have been palmed off. I was in a very similar situation in that my line was activated but my router had not turned up. So in the evening on that day my line was switched over to Sky I phoned them about and chap said he would email somebody about my missing router and they would look into it. I wasn't very confident anything would happen but it turned up two days later and I was away.

Phone back tomorrow when your line has been activated and tell them again about your missing router and that you want something done about it. The chap was very appologetic when I phoned and couldn't applogise enough.

jameseb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llanishan SWLNI
      Broadband ISP: Connect - but soon Max (4/1/06)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I was in the same boat! although after the "email" was sent by csr it turned up about 3 days later... keep pestering them!
      Арте́льный горшо́к гу́ще кипи́т. (Moral: Working as a team produces better results!)

имейте большое рождество и С Новым годом (have a great christmas and a happy new year )

Dont ya just love russian proverbs!

J-ames

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site yuffie

Sorry to see that this situation is still going on I would have thought they would have sorted this router problem out by now

As has already been said pester the hell out of them starting tomorrow until you get it.

Good luck when your connection finally does work for you.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks

well i rung them back this morning and the guy i spoke to didn't initially fill me full of confidence as he put me on hold to work out how to understand the delivery spreadsheet as it was "big and confusing"!

but he came back after a few minutes to tell me they courier tried to deliver it yesterday and gave me the consignment number

and he was right, parceline tried to deliver it yesterday - but didn't bother to leave a card - and it is out again for today, which will still be a waste of time though hopefully they'll leave a card so i can collect it from their depot

Thanks

after about half a dozen calls to interlink express (aka parceline) i've managed to redirect the delivery to where i work