Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can not connect to wifi

This is a discussion on Can not connect to wifi within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; HI This is my first post and I am unfamiliar with the workings of a post-how responses are found, etc. ...

Harry4 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Can not connect to wifi

HI This is my first post and I am unfamiliar with the workings of a post-how responses are found, etc.

Within the last week my wife had limited WIF connection then no connection on Lenovo laptop win 8.1 Also no connection Acer desktop Win7 and no connection on Apple ipad. Checked online with another computer-tried various ideas basically on the Lenovo such as reinstalling driver, restoring system, and unchecking various power saving schemes. Then since no connection to many different computer setups I called Sky technical. They did something and I could get WIFI they said since I have slow speed about 4.5 I could not have multi connections. The following day no WIFI again test on computer at a time.

I suspect the router as the culprit (SR-102). Any help will be appreciated.

Bye the way big time trouble with typing input delay on this site

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Can not connect to wifi

Try downloading a wifi analyser and check your area for the best channel. That's the one that is clear and preferabley not overlapped by channels on either side. Change the channel on your router to the best one. Auto channel searching does not always work too well. Channel 13 is often clear, you could try that for a quick fix.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Harry4 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Try downloading a wifi analyser and check your area for the best channel. That's the one that is clear and preferabley not overlapped by channels on either side. Change the channel on your router to the best one. Auto channel searching does not always work too well. Channel 13 is often clear, you could try that for a quick fix.
      Thanks for your response. Your suggestion sounds great I will give it a try. Again THANKS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Thanks for your response. Your suggestion sounds great I will give it a try. Again THANKS

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

I have the SR102 and mine routinely, once or twice a month, just decides that it isn't going to connect. The smiley face is on and everything seems okay with the router. If I go into the router setup pages it says it is connected but both my wife's computer and mine say that the internet connection is limited. No amount of rebooting the computers brings it back. If I reboot the router, ie turn it off at the mains by pulling the plug out of the back, leave it for 10 or so seconds and then switch it back on everything is okay for another month or so. I have looked at buying my own router and have got the user name and password to connect to the internet from my SR102 but the inconsistancies and the actuall faff of trying to connect a non-sky router is just not worth it IMO so I just keep rebooting. Oh and just to add my wifes and mine computers are laptops and they connect wirelessly to the router. I also have a desktop that is connected via ethernet and that also gets the internet connection is limited message.