Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

help broadband keeps cutting out

This is a discussion on help broadband keeps cutting out within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; 11.23 am it look like didn't go off last nigh Router Statistics System Up Time: 147:22:03 Port Status TxPkts RxPkts ...

Steele11 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Halfway
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: sky Q hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: help broadband keeps cutting out

11.23 am it look like didn't go off last nigh
      Router Statistics

System Up Time: 147:22:03
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 4142602 8004740 0 0 0 16:07:21
      LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00
      WLAN Up 65501459 37871645 0 0 1 113:59:16

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 3972 kbps 799 kbps
      Line Attenuation 55.0 dB 34.3 dB
      Noise Margin 7.8 dB 6.6 dB

Still up 4/2/16
      Noise Margin 6.9 dB 6.6 dB
      Last edited by Steele11; 04-02-16 at 11:48 AM.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Ok, I'd be inclined to call Sky and let them know that you've been tracking your connection speed and that the DLM software appears to be having problems as it keeps changing the connection speed up & down.

They should be able to see that there are errors on your connection and that something is wrong. Hopefully they'll send out a BTO Engineer again to fix it.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Steele11 (05-02-16)

Thanks
      Blog Entries

So always promised a call back Belfast call centre he was going to monitor my situation the next few days I got a call at 12 o'clock he was to call me 5pm unfortunately I missed that call so I call back and asked to speak to the person who is going to call back and then email or something telling him I'm available to talk and fortunately he didn't call my he said I know the guy if you didn't call back I'll call my nobody call so this time I said I'm not entering my phone number and I'm going to get through to the complaints broadband while there is so many notes to account give me a moment I says I help you if you want given the dates and times he worked out the rest you said well I can see what's happening the connection keeps dropping every so many days I think that I want to get an engineer out to have a look as I've already had a sky engineer

The only thing he said is when the line is good it's really good and it doesn't drop for a really good long time but there are situations when the drops every 10 minutes or every three or four days and I'm not going to even bother doing a 24-hour b bt line test stupid it just makes things worse and can actually disconnect the connection so I don't think this is going to help the situation he did a line test and said yes it passed but I'll get an engineer out on Monday morning all add some notes and you can tell bt the rest this is what's the reason for this 24-hour line test this is some people just like to do it so you have to call my but as you've already back had you've already had three done i not do it

I needed the line test connection then bloody slow Half an hour later connection down so hopefully on Monday 8th send a good engineer to me lol

I just wanna say thanks scubbie helping me out I'll let you know how I get on

Router Statistics

System Up Time: 196:51:04
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 1019936 1313142 0 0 0 18:00:22
      LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00
      WLAN Up 74532086 43815555 0 0 2 163:28:17

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 3981 kbps 890 kbps
      Line Attenuation 55.0 dB 34.3 dB
      Noise Margin 8.7 dB 7.7 dB

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Thankfully you've shown some clear evidence that DLM has not settled in this thread.

Had it been improving the speed then I could justify that with it recognising a line fix of something, but seeing the connection speeds drop indicates this is definitely not the case.

Be kind to the BTO Engineer. Offer a cup of tea or something and also show him the connection stats above and any others (when they change of course) over the weekend.

Ask what he thinks might be the issue or where it might be.

I have suspicions, but I can't see your line.

Typically it could be an overhead cable, connection box or something in the cabinet or exchange.

There are a variety of connection joints between your home and the cabinet. I know of a couple within 20m of where I live, yet you'd think that there should be a clear line directly to my cabinet which is around 350m away.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks
      Blog Entries

So not good news bt engineer tested my line fine he said very tricky to fix when having this issue if I can't see it I can't fix it so I called sky upto them not to close the case he said just to call them every time it drops done it

Tester going twice line that's another test plug in picked up my rotor to his equipment test said everything looks fine are send this information to sky and that's it

So I got my call back she end up hanging up on me from Belfast call centre she didn't have a clue what the callback was about so I called back on my landline and got to speak to somebody about it we have determined that I should leave it at least three days and I feel broadband again tell me to do something about it but it was just that then bt man said he doesn't care if he dropped 100 times a day if you can't get out where it is dropping from he can't fix it

Person I spoke to said yeah you got an pass but if the line doesn't stop dropping off every so often they are going to have to do start the case from scratch get me to go into the master socket and do it again fortune because the BT engineer close the case what shall I do help
      Last edited by Steele11; 08-02-16 at 03:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12