Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Arg, This is driving me mad!

This is a discussion on Arg, This is driving me mad! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Today my connection has been terrible, one minute it is fine, then suddenly everything goes very very very slow, i ...

DeltaUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Arg, This is driving me mad!

Today my connection has been terrible, one minute it is fine, then suddenly everything goes very very very slow, i contantly use my firewall to check incoming and outgoing rates

Just now, everything stopped, the wireless disconnects and sumtimes i need to keep retryin over and over manually b4 it connects, but that doesnt mean the internet is working, it makes no diference even if i pull out my telephone line.. nothing works at all

it has just come back, I did a speed test, about 4000k.. not too bad my max is about 5000k.. earlier today i was getting 30k..

this is happening all the time and is very annoying..

any1 else got this?

2. Advertisement
      The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      post your line stats please m8, and how u have it set up.

operationfirefly is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Delta UK

Hi there,

Let me introduce myself. I am Paladin. I use a false name because infact I work for the company in question and would prefer not to be identified. I will be making quite a few replys to posts in the next few months. If you have any questions then you can ask me directly.

Delta,

If you open internet explorer and type 192.168.0.1. Then enter. Type the username admin and the password sky, it will log you into the router.

Once there you will see 3 buttons at the bottom, Connection statistics, connection status and sky test. Click the sky test and if you get an error code 300 then it will need to go straight to sky technical support.

One thing i can suggest is that if you click on help and support on the start menu. Select - Network & the web > Fixing networking or web problems > Diagnose network problems > Scan now

This will let you know what is going on with your pc network connections. Try right clicking your network connection in the network and internet connections section of the panel and click repair. This will refresh your connection settings.

If you are still having problems then the technical team may have to cap your line for better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaUK View Post
      Today my connection has been terrible, one minute it is fine, then suddenly everything goes very very very slow, i contantly use my firewall to check incoming and outgoing rates

Just now, everything stopped, the wireless disconnects and sumtimes i need to keep retryin over and over manually b4 it connects, but that doesnt mean the internet is working, it makes no diference even if i pull out my telephone line.. nothing works at all

it has just come back, I did a speed test, about 4000k.. not too bad my max is about 5000k.. earlier today i was getting 30k..

this is happening all the time and is very annoying..

any1 else got this?