Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Signed up for SkyBB on Sunday!!!!

This is a discussion on Signed up for SkyBB on Sunday!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Am now playing the waiting game... I am coming form BY 10meg so I may wind up losing some speed ...

hugsie Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Signed up for SkyBB on Sunday!!!!

Am now playing the waiting game...

I am coming form BY 10meg so I may wind up losing some speed no way to know for sure I guess..

But on balance I think the savings will be of more benefit than any drop in speed.

I will pop back and keep you all updated on how it goes!

This looks like a great site BTW

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Welcome to skyuser.co.uk hugsie

Make sure you keep us updated, and thank you for your nice comments re site, if we can improve in any way, make sure you let us know

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

SatDish is online now Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by hugsie View Post

This looks like a great site BTW
      hiya hugsie
      thanks its what people like you the users make it great users = great site
      "To help would be a great adventure"

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by SatDish View Post
      hiya hugsie
      thanks its what people like you the users make it great users = great site
      Thanks , it is nice to be welcomed, too many forums' members are a little arrogant because they know more than most.

I have posted my BY speed test results in the before and after section and I will update as thing progress.

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Wink

Ahhhhhhh......let's all have a nice group hug!!

spcdust

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      we need a feel da lurve forum me thinks ;-)

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome hugsie

Registered Sunday, I did mine Monday so I wonder who will get it first need to keep an eye on you
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Welcome hugsie

Registered Sunday, I did mine Monday so I wonder who will get it first need to keep an eye on you
      Hi Wheelie

Is it like a race now then?
      I better get on to my neighbour, who just happens to be a supervisor at Cityink What is your address again?

AnyyyyyWaaaYYYYY!

I have written up my SKY BB story so far for all of you to read, mock and generally belittle, so here it is...

Alright then Sky BB my story so far….

I registered my interest on day one, I did not keep my email so I can’t give a date for that, but it was the day registrations went live.

I got an email back saying that I could get connect only as my exchange was not ready.

Went on Sam Knows the next day and confirmed that my exchange is Easynet LLU enabled, so I re-registered and got the correct confirmation email this time. (I used exactly the same details, so not sure what the problem was).

9th August I got an email informing me of the high demand and saying they would be in touch in two weeks

17th August, I got my order code and after umming and rrring for a couple of days I placed my order on 20th August.

Ordering: The guy I spoke to was really nice (he had the same last name as me!!), but he was clearly no expert on all thing BB. He was unaware that Blueyonder was cable and so asked me for my MAC code. I explained to him and he thanked me and said he would add it to his notes. He took me through what was obviously a scripted ordering procedure, which took about 5 minutes in total and confirmed that I could get Sky BB max.

I opted for self install and he asked me if I wanted to buy the wireless doodah from sky. I asked if I had to use wireless (knowing I did not) and he said no. Yay! There are some good ones out there…

I was told I would receive my router in within 5 days and my letter with the activation details would follow within 12 days.

He then said I needed to set up a username for @sky.com, but on looking at my account, said “oh you already have one!” He was referring to my My Sky log in. I am not entirely sure that this is correct and after some friendly banter about my user name. We confirmed details and that was that.

All in all, It appears the staff are still learning and, having worked in a call centre I have no issue with that, especially when they are as open about it as he was! I have also heard comments that folks were put on hold at every question they asked. Well it is early days and at this point the scripts and notes will cover the most basic points only. (i.e. the ones that come up in every call) The staff are playing catch up to those of us who already have some knowledge of how these things work, and so uncertainty on their part is to be expected.

My experience to date was overwhelmingly positive, so I will watch with interest to see how things develop as the staff get more familiar with the more detailed questions put to them.

More soon!

Edit to add... I just got a text form my OH to say that I had a letter from Sky containing my password and all that jazz. ARRRgh! does he not understand I need details... Word for word. I guess I will have to read it when I get home.
      Last edited by hugsie; 23-08-06 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks
      OK, quick update,

Todays letter was just what OH said confirming product ordered, that my router is on it's way and confirming my username. It said my letter giving my expected date of activation will follow shortly.

Thanks

Update

As I said earlier, I had signed up twice within the first week of registrations. Today I got my second BAND code, aren't I the lucky one, me having two while they are so scarce?

Anyway this prompted me into giving Sky a call for an update. I should not experience some of the issues others have as coming from cable I have no MAC issues.

Well I phoned Sky and the very polite girl took my details and confirmed that my modem, or at leas the delivery card (as I am not home) should be arriving today. I asked her if my activation date letter would soon follow and she told me I was due for activation on the 31st. I will update later when I get home if anything has arrived.

No need for edit, my OH has just texted me Parcelline left a card for me today.. So it looks like all systems go so far.

If
      (Note the big if) nothing goes wrong between now and then it looks like they have met their ten day target in my case. I ordered on the 20th and we have a bank holiday in between.

Fingers crossed!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast