Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Signed up for SkyBB on Sunday!!!!

This is a discussion on Signed up for SkyBB on Sunday!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yes, they charge the recipient between 5 and 10 pound for "premium re-delivery. You can chose your day inclusing Saturday ...

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Yes, they charge the recipient between 5 and 10 pound for "premium re-delivery. You can chose your day inclusing Saturday and an AM or PM delivery slot. As this is a re-delivery option, I assume they have met the burden of the standard delivery paid for by Sky and are just trying to make more from the customer.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      in that case then i dont know, surely Parceline would be creaming it if they did this but the fact that Sky have said no deliveries on a saturday, must be because of the staffing levels then. Only logical explanation.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @hugsie

I find that really strange as Parceline do deliver up-to 9pm just as NewsreadeR has said and as for its Next Day delivery service they deliver up-to 6pm so anyone who does work could always arrange for it then assuming they are home around the 5pm time.

I just had a look on the Parceline website.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks
      Taken from the card left today:
      Conditions Applying To Redelivery

1) Whether you visit our website or call our yellow card desk you will be given two options for redelivery either:
      a) Standard Redelivery: Delivery at any time between 08:30am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday. You select the day of delivery, but Parceline chooses the time of delivery. This service is free of charge

b)Premium Redelivery: Delivery between 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday or between 9:00am and 1:00pm on Saturday (morning delivery) or between 1:00pm and 6:00pm (afternoon delivery). You select the day of delivery and whether it it is a morning or afternoon delivery. This service costs between 5 and 10 + VAT and is payable to parceline at the time you arrange redelivery.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 25-08-06 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ah now thats not nice at all for working people, sorry mate
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks
      It essentially means that if you work and are unable to collect from the depot for any reason. The only way you can get your router is to sign the card to say please leave this parcel on my doorstep I take full responsibility.

It sucks. I can collect mine, but I am sure there are folks who can't.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 25-08-06 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      if you get on with your neighbours how about leaving a note on the door saying "please leave parcel at number 21"
      has worked for me a couple fo times
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Thanks
      Neighbours work too. It is sorted for me now. I was really just letting others know. I was hoping it was a citilink delivery as my neighbour is a supervisor and brings my parcels home for me
      Last edited by Wheelie; 25-08-06 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well at least you are sorted but I would guess this could will have an affect on a lot of other people
      Ray

click here

Thanks
      Quick update...

I still do not have my router

We got up on Saturday and went to pick it up from the depot. When we got there they told us their systems were down so they were unable to locate my parcel...

My OH is going to get it on Tuesday, well try anyway! Hopefully I will still have it prior to activation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast