Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Signed up for SkyBB on Sunday!!!!

This is a discussion on Signed up for SkyBB on Sunday!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well so far it would seem everyone that has applied and posted on here is starting to see some action ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well so far it would seem everyone that has applied and posted on here is starting to see some action so fingers crossed it goes well for everyone

Good luck mate looks like this race might end up a draw
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      brucemac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Shields
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I ordered on monday night and got my letter yesterday to confirm the box ordered and my username, i called again on Wednesday so going to call again tonight for update.

Having read about a few issues and been giving funny information so don't want to leave it and find nothing happening as i am transferring from Pipex.

looks good so far though!

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Well so far it would seem everyone that has applied and posted on here is starting to see some action so fingers crossed it goes well for everyone

Good luck mate looks like this race might end up a draw
      I will settle for a draw as long as both of us get it sorted!

OK

Further update,

So I get home and find the card, as I expected. I had a quick read through and realised that as I work full time the only way I could get delivery of my router before my activation date was by paying for premium delivery service. A bit of a rip off, but what the hell right!

So I rang parceline and spent 30 minute on hold, you can just feel how happy I was at this point can't you? So get through and ask to book Saturday delivery, and the guy apologises as he can't do that!!!!! I asked why and he said "Sky have told us not to deliver products to their customers on Saturday!!!!!"
      He did offer me the option of collecting from the Depot though so I do get my router.
      So if you work Full time Monday to Friday and do not have a way of getting to the depot to collect, you cannot recieve your router! Sky will not deliver to yur work address and have (apparently) told parceline not to offer saturday delivery.

Just for others information as my lovely other half is driving to fetch mine in the morning.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Saturday deliveries are subject to a high cost, for example an item that you send monday to friday costs say 6.00 plus vat, where as for saturday, same item could be 25.00 plus vat.

For some strange reason the great british public, hate working saturdays.

So if Sky budget to make say 30.00 per cust, in the first year, you can see straight away the cost of delivery for a saturday takes over 50% away.

You would probably find that is the same for any online store as well

Go and pick it up, you get a day out and a warm fuzzy feeling inside as you have saved Sky some pennies

hope that helps

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks
      Yes but, Parcelines system asks the recipient to pay for the saturday delivery, not Sky. That was the source of my confusion. Are Parceline charging both the sender and recipient for the Saturday delivery?
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 25-08-06 at 08:13 PM. Reason: removed quoted preceeding post ;-)

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Parceline would make a killing if they did that, as for charging Sky they can't as the original delivery manifest would have been for next working day.

In manchester a lot of places are now doing evening deliveries, between 6 and 9pm for those of us who have to work - which i think is a great idea. A lot of people will happily pay through the nose for delivery if they want it now....

I know i have driven about 60 miles once just to get something that day

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      So as I assume they are only charging the sender. Why have Sky asked them not to deliver on Saturdays? I am confused.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      because if Sky budget to send it to you monday - friday it will cost them 6.00, whereas if Parceline redeliver it on a Saturday, i suppose they could bill Sky for the higher charge.

Also it could be that Sky have no staff in on a saturday, and so if you got your lovely new router on a saturday and couldn't set it up. You might be peed off and monday ring up and shout at the lovely Sky staff.

Thanks
      Oh well it was not an issue for me as it happens, I just thought I would save others a surprise when they called to reschedule delivery. It sounds like a bit of a rip off from Parceline though, if they would charge the delivery fee twice.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      did parceline ask you to pay for saturday delivery?

Most carriers pay their drivers on a self employed basis, so it is in the interests of the driver to get that parcel back to you or he dont get paid. Also most carriers will attempt 2 to 3 deliveries and then give up if you aint in on all of them. The parcel would then get sent back to Sky and Sky would still have to pay

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast