Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

looking for broadband offer

This is a discussion on looking for broadband offer within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hello! 1) how do I see when exactly my contract ends? 2) for my previous 12 month contract I paid ...

skypal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

looking for broadband offer

hello!

1) how do I see when exactly my contract ends?

2) for my previous 12 month contract I paid only for line rental and I received 60 cashback and 50 M&S voucher. Is there any similar or better offer now? I am open to consider other providers if they have good offers.

thanks!

2. Advertisement
      seawright is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: looking for broadband offer

If you log in to My Sky you can view all your bills issued within the last twelve months. Assuming you are still within your initial contract you will be able to check when your contract started, so just add twelve months.

There is a free Sky Broadband Unlimited offer (worth 120) available for Sky customers who currently don't have broadband. Whether a call to cancellations could persuade the agent to apply said offer I don't know but it would be worth a try. You need to be prepared to go ahead with the cancellation so that the agent knows you are serious. Cancelling broadband and Talk is usually a bad idea as you could be left without a service but if you give thirty one days notice you will have at least fourteen days to either re-instate or place an order with another provider before Sky passes the cancellation request to Openreach which sets an irreversible course of actions in motion.

Exchange:
      Thanks

120 for 12 months including line rental and everything?

That's good, but I usually get some kind of cashback plus M&S coupons.

Thanks

The 120 is the saving (12 x 10) not the cost. If (as your profile shows) you have Sky TV you may be able to negotiate a saving on line rental (normally 17.40/mth). As you are already a Sky broadband customer I doubt that you would qualify for any cashback or vouchers though you may get cash through a cashback site if you decide to switch to another provider.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I dont have Sky TV and I dont know how that appears in my profile.
      I need to know the total cost. For TalkTalk, the total cost will be 130 for 1 year EVERYTHING inclusive, ie. line rental and whatever other bullsht they want to charge, after 60 cashback. Is there anything better than that?
      Also, if I switch to TalkTalk, will I be withount internet for any day?

Thanks

On price, I don't know of a better deal though I wouldn't touch Talk Talk with a barge poll.

If a new router is required you will probably be charged for post and packing. Also check how long the contract is as after twelve months you will pay whatever the full price happens to be.

You should be able to switch with less than an hours down time (if you don't contact Sky and leave the changeover to Talk Talk) but based on their reputation I wouldn't like to make any guarantee.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

A friend left TalkTalk around 2 1/2 years ago. They attempted to keep charging her for line rental for over 6 months. Thankfully we'd cancelled the Direct Debit so that no money could be taken.

They even threatened to send the debt to the Bailiffs and mess up her credit rating.

What was really upsetting when we finally got hold of someone is that they knew she'd swapped over to Sky and had the correct dates, so there was no excuse for them attempting to charge her (she was out of contract with TalkTalk when the migration happened).

Their excuse was that they kept her old TalkTalk number in reserve in case she'd wanted to keep it.

This was extremely strange as when (I was involved) we placed the order through Sky we couldn't keep the old number. As only 2 people had it (she mostly uses her mobile) it wasn't a problem anyway.

Sorry, but if you do want to try TalkTalk, you have been warned.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If I may act as the Devil's advocate, my next door neighbour has had TT for 6 years and has had an excellent service. If you have a good line to start with, there is little to worry about.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Very true.

When my broadband was with Eclipse I was on an ADSL2+ trial when one Friday night/Saturday morning someone decided to cut through the trunk cable, disconnecting me and 9 of my neighbours.

Everyone of us called our respective providers and everyone was promised an engineer on Monday, perhaps, but more likely Tuesday or Wednesday.

After a few more phone calls I really upset one particular high & mighty neighbour when the BTO Engineer arrived and came to my place first on the Saturday. He checked things over, went to where everyone was looking at the cut trunk cable and after a couple of hours he came back with a colleague and they started splicing in a length of trunk cable they'd had to pick up.

It took them a few hours and they had to return on the Sunday, but they did manage to get it all fixed.

I do recall that some of the neighbours were with Sky and TalkTalk, some with BT too.

That neighbour I upset at the time still doesn't like me, hehehehehe.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Didn't really read the posts !

But if you're thinking of leaving Sky then they would offer you the, "same" deal to recontract ie 12 months free but without the vouchers or cash back.

As long as you don't have TV.

If you do then you'll get a lower discount on all three products.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky