Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unable to log in to F@ST2504N via Safari in IOS or OSX

This is a discussion on Unable to log in to F@ST2504N via Safari in IOS or OSX within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I am unable to login via the user interface to my Sagem F@ST2504N (7.16a4N_UNI) when using Safari (v9) either ...

TerryC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

Unable to log in to F@ST2504N via Safari in IOS or OSX

Hi,

I am unable to login via the user interface to my Sagem F@ST2504N (7.16a4N_UNI) when using Safari (v9) either on MAC OSX (V 10.11) or iPad (IOS 9.2)

Ok when using Chrome on both platforms and Android. I get the "The user name or password you entered for this area on 192.168.0.1:80 was incorrect. Make sure you’re entering them correctly, and then try again"

On the MAC I am not using any Safari extensions, have turned firewall off and tried various Safari settings but with no change. Tried Wireless and ethernet.

Not a huge problem but wondering if anyone (a) has had this or (b) can try it if they have s similar configuration - or has any ideas why this should be?

Thanks

Terry

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Unable to log in to F@ST2504N via Safari in IOS or OSX

Ok when using Chrome on both platforms and Android. I get the "The user name or password you entered for this area on 192.168.0.1:80 was incorrect. Make sure you’re entering them correctly, and then try again"
      Have you changed the password on the Sagem? If not it should be sky, with admin as the username, both lower case. I am not familiar with Safari or Macs, but make sure they are not capitalizing the first letter of the details automatically.

If this does not work all I can suggest is that you reset the router by pushing a pin in the reset hole on the rear and holding it for about 10 secs or until the tic flashes. This should return it to the defaults.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

@Isitme thanks for your reply. I changed the password when I got it about 2 years ago, and as I say it works fine using Chrome. I'm assuming that Safari on MAC and iPad is corrupting or missing something out. I'm hoping someone on here with the same router and a MAC/iPad/iPhone with the same Safari versions can try it.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Update for anyone that might be interested, experience the same problem or can explain this.

My password contained the "£" character. Removing this or changing it for another character resolved the problem. Why this should be I have no idea as the same password worked from Chrome. Clearly Safari was not sending it or converting it to something else somehow in the router login process.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

It would be interesting if you could capture the data packet that is sent to your router when you submit your password using Chrome and Safari and noting any differences. If I send a password containing a "£" sign to my router Firefox URL encodes it. It also includes the content type as "x-www-form-urlencoded ".
      Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
      Content-Length: 83
      VmLoginUsername=&VmLoginPassword=ad%A3min&VmLoginErrorCode=0&VmChangePasswordHint=0
      If either content type or the way none ASCII characters are encoded are handled is different between the two browsers this would explain the problem you were having.

Exchange:
      Thanks

@seawright - thanks for your reply. I'll look into that, there is a packet sniffer on OSX now so will just need something to read the output. I'm not sure if wireshark works on the latest versions. But anyway I'll pursue it and post back if I find anything conclusive. Once again thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
      Last edited by TerryC; 08-10-15 at 12:04 PM.