Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

From Connect to Max

This is a discussion on From Connect to Max within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by nsviper Just got off the phone using the 0800 number above. Allegedly, although samknows says that LLU ...

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by nsviper View Post
      Just got off the phone using the 0800 number above.

Allegedly, although samknows says that LLU Easynet was enabled at start of november (2nd) there may still be tests ongoing.

According to CS, i'll automatically be moved over to the MID package and notified via mail when this occurs, at which point I can phone up and ask to be moved to the MAX package.

Fingers crossed its that easy....
      So we have just to sit back and see what happens then, I'll bet they will be in no rush to move us from a 17 package to 5/10.

We live in hope!

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      The 17 you pay Sky goes straight to BT (actually I suspect Sky might have to pay BT more than 17). If you move to Sky LLU then all the money goes to Sky.

I'd guess the only thing holding back Sky from moving customers would be inefficient admin (probable) or exchange congestion (possible - if there are no racks available in the exchange then there's nothing Sky can do)

GSK69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Earlsdon, Coventry
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hey there,

I noticed my exchange was easynet enabled the day after my connection date - 19th September, so it's pretty annoying that I've been on connect for the last 2 months!

Called Sky as soon as I realised - about a month ago now and still not got anywhere, the first guy who dealt with the regrade request apparently messed it all up completely, got a letter from Sky a week after saying there was a problem with my order and to call them - called the number which went through to provisioning - they told me that I needed a mac code to regrade from the sky/BT product to sky's own network, and to call cust services to get one...

Called them and they told me I didn't need it and couldn't understand why I'd been told that! Ordered me one anyway...

another week and a half passed, still hadn't heard anything so called provisioning again, spoke to this really helpfull guy who took about half an hour to read through all my notes!! He explained Sky had made a right ****-up of my re-grade and said that he would sort it out and that I didn't need a mac code at all.

Said he would have to put a cease request through on my line and then place a new order to go onto Sky's LLU and I'd probably be without broadband for a while, fair enough I thought & left it at that. He said it should take 3-5 working days for the cease to happen, then about 10 days for the new line ADSL2+ to become active.

I spoke to him last Wednesday and there is still nothing showing on my BT tracker, no cease or new LLU order??

God only knows what's happening now, think I'll leave it till next week & give them a ring again... Getting annoyed and frustrated now....

Sorry about the long post, just wanted to let you know how complicated a simple line upgrade with Sky can be!

Gav.

Johnny7 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: High Wycombe (SMHY)
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by rbentley View Post
      My question is, will anything show on my BT order tracking regarding this?
      Yes, the BT Tracker will show a 'PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN' to show Skys equipment being connected and a 'CEASE BT IPSTREAM' to remove your old ISP.
      John in High Wycombe

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      @GSK69

Exactly the same thing happened to me (see Help! Someone at Sky has inadvertently cancelled my account!)

That was 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to get booted off the Connect package and then wait 2 weeks to get reconnected to ADSL+2. Still nothing on the BT Tracker.

I thought the cockup with me was a freak happening - I can't believe they are doing this to other people too.

What is the matter with them? They can't all be just plain stupid!

rbentley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No update as of yet

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks
      "there may still be tests ongoing."

That's odd. From what I gather easynet usually just throw things into the exchange then leave people internetless for months when they don't work.

/bitter

GSK69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Earlsdon, Coventry
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yeah I still haven't heard anything... it's been nearly two weeks now and still nothing showing on the BT tracker!

What are they playing at?

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      I would like to think someone is beavering away behind the scenes to put right their mistake (yeah right lol).

What really bothers me though is the system they have whereby someone can **** up like this but there is no way to rectify it even when it is spotted straight away.

My simple reaction to their "awfully sorry, one of our staff has stuck a cease order on your line by mistake" was "well then cancel the bloody order". But they claim there is no way for their system to do that. That's even though that was 3 weeks ago and there has still been no cease!

rbentley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I recieved a letter today stating there was a problem with my order and i needed to give them a ring.

Oh dear.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast