Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Speed cut

This is a discussion on Speed cut within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Two days ago I was able to download at around 702Kbps today I down to around 312Kbps. I use Sky ...

pokering is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Speed cut

Two days ago I was able to download at around 702Kbps today I down to around 312Kbps. I use Sky Unlimited. I did download over 10Gb on Saturday from Steam which took most of the day. I checked on the config page in case the issue was my end but it looks like my speed was altered around 2pm yesterday. My computer runs most of the day for a variety of reasons. I do have some heavy usage but 10Gb in a day is not normal a max of 4Gb is more my normal usage.

Is there any reason why Sky would cut my speed? I've added a screenshot of the stats page which I hope is readable.

Speed cut-capture.jpg

2. Advertisement
      tenar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle NINE
      Broadband ISP: sky fibre max
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Re: Speed cut

the high noise margin on downstream indicates your line has dropped in speed , this usually caused by some noise/interference which has caused dlm to reduce your speed check noise margin does it stay the same or change ?

pokering is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Speed cut

I figured out how to do a reboot of my router through the config page, I did a reset yesterday as I didn't know there was a reboot option. I'm not back to my previous speed but not far off so I'm happy. Noise level is now to 6.1Db. It did look high to me but I know nothing so it could've been fine.