Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

MAC code rejected

This is a discussion on MAC code rejected within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I got a letter from Sky today to say that BT had rejected my MAC code and that could I ...

paulalexleeds is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYPUD
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

MAC code rejected

I got a letter from Sky today to say that BT had rejected my MAC code and that could I ring Sky to reconfirm it. The guy I spoke to claims that it was rejected bceause BT cannot currently handle migrations when the MAC code starts with FTIP and is followed by a 9 digit number before the slash, and that the only solution available to me is to cancel my current broadband contract with freedom2surf and signup as a new line with Sky.

I've hunted around the various forums without joy, so has anybody else come across the same problem and been able to resolve it without having to cancel thier contract? I find it very hard to believe that BT cannot accept these MAC codes, since Sky's own letter to me has FTIP123456789/AB12C as an example format.

2. Advertisement
      Drew22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by paulalexleeds View Post
      it was rejected bceause BT cannot currently handle migrations when the MAC code starts with FTIP and is followed by a 9 digit number before the slash, .
      mine started the same with 9 digits before slash, and they used it last Wednesday, so i think they are telling you ****