Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can you actually call Tier 3 ?

This is a discussion on Can you actually call Tier 3 ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by baby29 actually tier 1 agents can not speak to tier 3 they can however speak to tier ...

H0OPERS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by baby29 View Post
      actually tier 1 agents can not speak to tier 3 they can however speak to tier 2 and then pass a customer through to tier 2 but at this moment in time tier 1 do not have the facility to contact tier 3 so i suggest you get your facts right before spouting a lot of p1sh!

And would u like me to post the god dam number>???

i work for TIER 2 AND give the number to TIER 1 AGENTS!

so get up to date withyourself.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 08-11-06 at 08:27 PM. Reason: removed covert swearword ;)

2. Advertisement
      Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Hoopers, chill out dude.

Careful with the covert swear words as well, lots of youngsters read the forum.

It's an interesting point though because I've personally been put through from tier 1 to tier 3 (1hr 20min wait) on 1 occasion

Mr Angry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Putney, London
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I did finally manage to speak to a chap from Tier 3 last night though it did take a lot of persistence with the Tier 1 guy to convince him to make the call (seemed quite a lot of misinformation had been posted on my account which probably helped) but when he did it only took about 10 minutes to get through and the chap from Tier 3 was as expected very helpful and knowledgeable and it sounds possible that I will get a working connection within a few days (they have to go back to BT but apparently my exchange is "manned" so it could be reasonably quick).

He confirmed that its only since Monday that they've been taking transferred calls and gave me a couple of tips: If you want to try to get a problem sorted as soon as possible (and you're OK with it) to have your account marked so that they can call you after 9pm (which is their normal cut off time so they don't disturb you) and/or if you're a night owl call tier 1 between midnight and 8am and try to be put through then as that's when they're at their quietest.

murdock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thumbs up Tier 3

I was one of those who have previously posted that I spoke to Tier 3. My experience with Sky has been exceptionally good compared to my previous ISPs. I can see from this site that many have had problems so my good experience will be of no comfort to them. However to get some balance, here is what happened.

I have over the past two months had only 1 major disconnection. This appeared to have affected many in North London. On that day there was a problem at the exchange. I rang 0800 051 2595 and the person who answered made some checks and volunteered to get Tier 3 to call me but said it might take up to 5 days. In fact, he called me within a couple of hours later, in the afternoon.

I was surprised at the time he took to check out what the problem was. Well over 1 hour. After checks he explained the Exchange problem and said he would call next day. When he called again the connection was normal. To avoid any future problems he suggested my speed was reduced as he could see noise on the line. I agreed as reliability is more important than speed to me.

That was about 2 weeks ago and I have not had any disconnections since. Speed is still fast for everything I need to do.
      Last edited by murdock; 08-11-06 at 01:18 PM. Reason: grammar error

Cyrus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Streetly - CMSTRE
      Broadband ISP: Max, 15.3MB Downstream! B E A Utiful
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes you can call them directly, I have the.
      direct number that is an 0207 number.

I don't will not post it because if everyone uses it we have them either change the number to national rate or switch it off all together!

PM me, I may be able to help.
      "If you are planning for a year, sow rice;
      if you are planning for a decade, plant trees;
      if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people."

H0OPERS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I think that answers the question then.

p.s sorry for going off one one