Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Like Tree5Likes

Continuous drop-outs, 3 engineers and a whole load of excuses from SKY. Please help.

This is a discussion on Continuous drop-outs, 3 engineers and a whole load of excuses from SKY. Please help. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; We have success!!!!! I finally got an OR Tech who worked it out after working on the problem from 8am ...

kuplion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDCAN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Continuous drop-outs, 3 engineers and a whole load of excuses from SKY. Please help.

We have success!!!!!

I finally got an OR Tech who worked it out after working on the problem from 8am until nearly 3pm. He tested from the house to the pole, which was perfect. Then he tested between the pole and the cabinet and found a load of errors and swapped out my pair. This now gave me a perfect line (his words) between the house and the pole and then the pole and the cabinet. But now there were errors showing up on between the cabinet and the exchange. The OR Tech then swapped out my pair between the cabinet and the exchange and all of the errors went away and again he said the line was now perfect. I have now zero disconnections and the problem seems to be fixed. Fiiiiiiinnnnnnnaaalllly!!!
      Angel_Rex, Scubbie and gymno like this.

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Continuous drop-outs, 3 engineers and a whole load of excuses from SKY. Please help.

I wonder if bto label these dodgy lines as such, so they're not used for the next customer?

Hopefully everything will be fine now Kuplion & that's the end of the 4 month palaver.
      Last edited by gymno; 13-10-15 at 06:37 PM. Reason: 4 month palaver!
      kuplion likes this.

kuplion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDCAN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I'd really like to think so.

jem16 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I have no doubt that moving to BT or one of their resellers would get your problem fixed. Unfortunately this is playing into the hands of BTO who like nothing better than running down any ISP who is not BT.
      Can't say I agree with that unfortunately.

I've been with PlusNet - who are owned by BT - for this last year. Since I joined them I have had an issue with my upstream SNR dropping on every incoming call ( although fortunately didn't drop the actual BB connection till BTOR made a mess of one attempt with a lift and shift ). CEC/HEC errors also increase with each incoming call. PlusNet have had BTOR out on 3 occasions with one engineer ( and possibly another who went to perform the same check ) telling me that these errors happened even with my line fully disconnected.

PlusNet support believe it may be the line splitter card as that's about all that's left unchanged over the 3 visits. However many attempts to get this changed by BTOR have proved fruitless as they just say the line is stable. The line is technically stable but every now and again DLM kicks in to raise the downstream SNR for no apparent reason.

So PlusNet, even though owned by BT, have no more clout than anyone else. A look at their Community forums which are full of BTOR issues will agree with that too.

I'm likely to be moving back to Sky in the next couple of weeks as that's the only move that will change the line splitter card. It will be interesting to see if it solves the issue.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234