Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Left without internet after accepting retention deal

This is a discussion on Left without internet after accepting retention deal within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sorry if this is a bit long, I have left out some details to try and keep it short. I ...

barrychicago is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SMHH
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Left without internet after accepting retention deal

Sorry if this is a bit long, I have left out some details to try and keep it short.

I called up Sky a few weeks ago to cancel everything (this wasn't a bluff, I was going to get Freesat and go with Plusnet); however they offered Fibre Unlimited (which we were already on) half price for 10 months and a different TV package with an offer, which I accepted. Whichever agent dealt with this initially ended up cancelling our broadband package entirely and, after many many phone calls, they have not been able to get us back online.

Now, the case has now been elevated to the "Super Team" who offered to put us on the standard Broadband Lite package while they look into re-activating the fibre--this is not working either (they assured us it'd be up and running by close of business yesterday). Sky have confirmed that the Broadband Lite package is on the account and has been activated at the exchange but our router does not show any sign of internet connectivity, the smiley face icon on the Sky Hub does not light up after any reset or restart and the Sky Test in the router admin only says "Report status 0DSL Line failure/line not physically connected". Its like any internet capability has been completely removed from the line. Weirdly enough, the Sky Talk package on the landline is working fine.
      It seems Sky are out of ideas because they have resorted to scheduling an engineer visit.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      G3WYP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Plusnet Hub one
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Left without internet after accepting retention deal

Just a thought, sorry if it has already been tried, but as you were previously on Fibre have you tried rebooting the router to see if it sees DSL?

Derek

barrychicago is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SMHH
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Left without internet after accepting retention deal

Sorry, should have mentioned. Yes, I've rebooted the router a few times and completely reset it twice (as advised by Sky).