Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By mrt0ad

Billion 880NL Set-up for Sky Brodband Unlimited

This is a discussion on Billion 880NL Set-up for Sky Brodband Unlimited within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am planning on setting up a Billion 8800NL with my Sky Broadband, what settings do I have to use ...

sasuke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Welwyn Garden City
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Billion 880NL Set-up for Sky Brodband Unlimited

I am planning on setting up a Billion 8800NL with my Sky Broadband, what settings do I have to use to get this to work? I have seen a few for Sky Fibre but none for those with an ADSL connection. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      mrt0ad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Billion 880NL Set-up for Sky Brodband Unlimited

Subscribed... I am trying to set up a 8800AXL for the same service and failing.

I gather that the settings should be:

PPPoA
      VPI 0
      VCI 38
      VC/MUX
      CHAP
      MTU 1500

With these settings the line syncs.

However having extracted the username/password from a SR102 using the Sagem F@ST setting, LAN MAC and default WiFi password (as the relevant post says) the log keeps saying that it has failed to authenticate due to wrong username/password.
      Last edited by mrt0ad; 29-06-15 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Corrections

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

@mrt0ad If you are on an exchange which previously had an O2 presence you may find that using install@o2broadband.co.uk as the username with the password blank may allow you to connect. If your router, like some, will not accept a blank password, just type in password

You may also want to try using Wireshark to get your password from the SR102. For some reason the online method sometimes does not work. Using the online form it is always better to copy and paste the LAN MAC to the box then copy and paste the result to a doc for future use. This cuts out any chance of a typo.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      @mrt0ad If you are on an exchange which previously had an O2 presence you may find that using install@o2broadband.co.uk as the username with the password blank may allow you to connect. If your router, like some, will not accept a blank password, just type in password

You may also want to try using Wireshark to get your password from the SR102. For some reason the online method sometimes does not work. Using the online form it is always better to copy and paste the LAN MAC to the box then copy and paste the result to a doc for future use. This cuts out any chance of a typo.
      Thanks for the reply Didn't know that the online method is not 100%.

I will try with Wireshark this weekend. Do you know if the SR102 will attempt to identify itself even if there is no line sync? Or do I need to let it sync first? If I could do this with the router offline is one less chance of waking up the DLM dragon...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I will try with Wireshark this weekend. Do you know if the SR102 will attempt to identify itself even if there is no line sync? Or do I need to let it sync first? If I could do this with the router offline is one less chance of waking up the DLM dragon...
      You don't need to connect the SR102 to get the password with Wireshark. In fact you should not. Simple connect first port on the Hub to your PC with an ethernet cable, do not use the WAN port. Follow the instructions elsewhere to use Wireshark.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You don't need to connect the SR102 to get the password with Wireshark. In fact you should not. Simple connect first port on the Hub to your PC with an ethernet cable, do not use the WAN port. Follow the instructions elsewhere to use Wireshark.
      Wireshark worked a treat, thanks.

The password on the router has nothing to do with the one generated by the 'online calculator'.

Just for the kicks and the giggles my GF called Sky (is her broadband connection) and asked for the username/password. The conversation was like something out of a Marx Bros film and ended up with the advisor telling her to 'ask google how to get the username/password'...
      Scubbie likes this.