Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Own Router Setup Help

This is a discussion on Own Router Setup Help within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All, Hope this is in the right place and someone can offer some help on my situation. First of ...

cornwolf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: DE56
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Own Router Setup Help

Hi All,

Hope this is in the right place and someone can offer some help on my situation.

First of all a few details an what the story is so far. The issue I am having like many others that I head read is issues with the LAN ports. I have spoken to Sky technical for what it is worth and after loads of testing and BS they have said it sounds like my router has a fault. However due to the router been out of warranty they have said I will have to pay around 40+ for a new sky one. No thank you. I am a Sky Broadband Fibre Pro customer and I have read we can use our own router no matter what but I have read all the other posts about t's and c's.

So I have a BT Openreach modem and I have got a Netgear WNR2000 router which connects to the router, this router I have previously used when on Virgin Media at a previous property.

I have used wireshark to get my user name and password and I have tried to set up the router however I can't get a internet connect. The BT modem does seem to connect with no issues however my router doesnt seem to pick this up. I am presuming my router will or can work as it has done previously however I am unable to find anything that the router must have X Y and Z.

If anyone can help that would be awesome I think that's everything.

One last bit of information I have the SR102, black router.

Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by cornwolf; 21-06-15 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Missing Info

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Own Router Setup Help

I doubt if it will connect using native firmware, I think you will have to flash it with Open DD-WRT firmware. This allows the use of Option 61 which is required to connect to the Sky servers.-
      Turn Your Home Router Into a Super-Powered Router with DD-WRT

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

cornwolf (22-06-15)

cornwolf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: DE56
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Own Router Setup Help

Legend cheers mate, I am going to give that ago now