Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SR102 and the unsolvable disconnection problem!

This is a discussion on SR102 and the unsolvable disconnection problem! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Been having a real strange issue with the SR102,, no-one can solve, so I've come here to see if anyone ...

mrcaw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: technicolor
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

SR102 and the unsolvable disconnection problem!

Been having a real strange issue with the SR102,, no-one can solve, so I've come here to see if anyone can shed any light.

Basically the the router is disconnecting from the internet but the lights are staying white and the router stats are not showing any disconnection in the stats, and sky are not seeing it.

But it does,,I have 5 wireless devices and 4 wired.. All devices loose internet, it's like the router freezes out. And it can take anywhere from 2-15 mins to come back on, unless I turn it off/on.

I can access the routers firmware during this time the internet is down, as I do this over my wireless laptop to see if I can see what's going on., but it shows nothing.,,

Sky sent me a new router and that does the same,, it can happen anytime and it's random,but often.

It was suggested that the authentication was disconnecting that's why I am not seeing a disconnection, but its not that. I've also tried different channels, moved the router about. Reset it. It's also been suggested that the sky router just doesn't like my line. Sky said it has to many conections, so I disconnected devices to only 1 and it still does it.

I have an old be* router,I use this now and this never does this, never once.

So why does the sky routers keep doing this,, to reiterate,, all devices loose internet,Xbox live will disconnect, laptop, tablets on browsers show, 'web page cannot be displayed'. Netflix if on will stop,, it mimics a disconnection but, is not disconnecting. Like the rower just pauses.

Why am I bothering if the be* router works perfect?,, because I'm considering fibre, and I want truely unlimited from sky possibly, but you have to use the sky router.

Can anyone please help?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: SR102 and the unsolvable disconnection problem!

Try going into the wireless settings and change the Auto channel selection to a fixed channel. Try channel 13 for a start. Now I know this may not make much sense if you are also loosing the connection on wired devices, but you never know, it may do.

With regards swapping to fibre, if you read the forum you will see, that although it is against the T & Cs, many use their own routers

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Hedgehog1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HDw box X2
      Thanks

Sky are currently looking to gather information on faults that are happening with the hubs, you can fill in the details on the form below to let them know what issues you are experiencing.

http://www.lithium.vovici.net/se/705...&uid=Anonymous

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mrbmrb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CMLGS
      Router: Sky SR102
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Did this ever get fixed?
      I'm having the same symptoms at SR102 DNS lookup issues.

Danofthewibble is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub v2
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbmrb View Post
      Did this ever get fixed?
      I'm having the same symptoms at SR102 DNS lookup issues.
      #6 <- see here.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Very sorry to be replying so late,like 2 months,I have have had personal problems.

So I plugged my be router back in so all has been well.

However this week I decided to plug the SR102 back in to see how it performs or if there has been any firmware updates etc.

The problem came back within a day,,I have tried the suggestions by changing to channel 13 with the same response.

But I did stumble on something today,,My laptop lost internet connection to the web 'page cannot be displayed' so did my tablet and my partners tablet..scratching my head I noticed I had just started to upload some files to one drive,,i stopped this and all came back!!

Then I tried uploading a couple of files to my server,,as soon as the router engages in ANY sort or upload,the download freezes out.

I posted on sky forum help,and a response was that it is often reported on the forum,some issue with the router Qos or something.

I'm not sure yet if it's been this all along as i do upload to cloud storage often and to my server.

I will have until it does it again to see if it was a fluke or the original issue is separate.

Thanks

Danofthewibble is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub v2
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrcaw View Post
      Very sorry to be replying so late,like 2 months,I have have had personal problems.

So I plugged my be router back in so all has been well.

However this week I decided to plug the SR102 back in to see how it performs or if there has been any firmware updates etc.
      You're on the right lines; there is a firmware update, and it does solve the issue completely. I've had it for around a month or so now, and it's not recurred.

You'll need to leave the SR102 connected until it updates, but you may be able to get Sky to push it to you.

The he latest version I have is -

Firmware Version 2.88.1086.R
      DSL Firmware VersionA2pv6F039m.d24m

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danofthewibble View Post
      You're on the right lines; there is a firmware update, and it does solve the issue completely. I've had it for around a month or so now, and it's not recurred.

You'll need to leave the SR102 connected until it updates, but you may be able to get Sky to push it to you.

The he latest version I have is -

Firmware Version 2.88.1086.R
      DSL Firmware VersionA2pv6F039m.d24m
      Thanks! I will phone sky and ask if they can push this for me ,my current version is 2.1r.3761.r.

That's great news that it's not recurred for you.

Thanks for the heads up

Exchange:
      Thanks

After sky saying my router was on the latests FW,,and saying there is no version 288.1086.R. I decided to give with the tech guy and scratch my head.....That call was on the 8th.. but guess what ,,I wake this morning to check my stats (As my line goes into DLM twice a month and has done for 9 months,sky network team don't know why this is) and it has been upgraded to 288.1086.r,,so ill check back if it does the upload bug!!

Now to try sort my DLM looping out,,actually instead of opening a new thread,does anyone have any idea by my line is stuck in a loop of DLM line testing? because sky have never seen this before they say.

typical loop....

router going of at 2am,,,speed adjusted,,snr messed with etc..
      same again next night,,,you know the DLM drill..
      then after 3-5 night it finishes.

Then it stays synced for 5-7 days,perfectly...then

rince and repeat,,line testing the line...same again as above..

Thing is it never messes with my speed when it done,it just sets it as the same sync every single time.usually 11-12mb/1.2mb around 3db line..

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

If DLM is the problem, Sky could always prevent this happening by putting you on a fixed profile but this would result in a speed reduction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast