Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Sky Hub Mixup

This is a discussion on Sky Hub Mixup within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've just joined Sky Broadband and received my Sky Hub SR102 in the post this morning. The documentation that came ...

RichBB is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Other

Sky Hub Mixup

I've just joined Sky Broadband and received my Sky Hub SR102 in the post this morning. The documentation that came with it shows it was supposed to go to a different customer (I assume they got the one assigned to me). I rang Sky and they assured me the Hub will work fine for me regardless of who it was originally destined for.

This got me wondering, reading the threads about finding out your Sky ADSL username and password to use your own router, they seem to use techniques to determine what username and password are associated with your own Sky Hub. If Sky are saying I can use any Sky Hub, does that mean any valid Sky Hub username/password combination will work on any Sky Broadband enabled line with any router? Or maybe is there an association made on first use?

I use my broadband for work so I'm still a little nervous I'm going to plug in this other persons Sky Hub and be without broadband when they enable my line next week.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Sky Hub Mixup

The username and password are unique to the router, not the user. Any Sky router will connect on any line which has Sky ADSL enabled. Any Sky router with the correct firmware will connect to Sky Fibre.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

RichBB (20-05-15)

BroadbandKing is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1Tb

Please complain to Sky, they have broken the data protection act.

This happened to me a year or so back, I received a router with name, address and account details for someone else. They received mine.
      I contacted the executive support office and they investigated what had gone wrong at the warehouse.
      They informed me that after a lengthy investigation they had changed procedures and a new checklist to ensure that this would never happen again.
      Obviously they have failed again!!!

Come down hard on them, this should not have happened!!

gymno Guest
      Broadband ISP:
      Sky TV:

In december 2011, sky sent me a new sagem 2504n router in an effort to cure the non-existent connection i was suffering at the time.
      (They used to be quite keen on sending routers out years ago).
      Back then i was on the silly resold BT sky 'connect' package.

That was all arranged on the friday, however before the router arrived on the tuesday, the connection came back fine on monday morning.
      Rightly or wrongly i decided to be cheeky & keep the new router as a spare rather than send it back to sky...

So skip along a good year, maybe two & i'm on the phone to sky regarding a completely unrelated broadband issue.
      I distinctly recall being asked at one point "just out of interest, what's the number on the label under the router"?
      After i gave the lady the number, she said "that's strange - we had you registered with this number".
      The number she read out was for the new one they'd sent me ages ago back in 2011.
      (I had it in front of me at the time for testing purposes).

So do sky know what router you're using or not?
      I'd say they probably do but they don't care.