Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Ports

This is a discussion on Ports within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I read here that disabling upnp can help stabalize a connection (in some cases) So i disabled when i ...

Christopher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sacriston
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ports

Hello,

I read here that disabling upnp can help stabalize a connection (in some cases) So i disabled when i ran into problems (it didnt help) so i re enabled it. Now i keep getting a port problem with windows live messenger, the troubleshooter says key ports are the problem.

So i went over to port forward.com checked out the page for the netgear, checked out msn messenger and did as it says, now I can connect to messenger now, but the troubleshooter (when i run it) still says key ports are the problem.

Lastly, upnp doesnt appear to have anything in the list now, whereas before I disabled it there was a pretty full list of ports and stuff.

Been having numerous problems with my connection the last few days (see sticky - slow loading times)

anyhow anyone know why I have had such trouble with ports?
      Last edited by Christopher; 06-11-06 at 12:40 AM.

2. Advertisement