Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

renewal

This is a discussion on renewal within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hello! I bought a year of Sky Broadband what will happen when it will end? will they renew my contract ...

skypal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

renewal

hello!
      I bought a year of Sky Broadband
      what will happen when it will end?
      will they renew my contract for another year without asking me?
      or they will stop providing me internet?
      or will they notify me before to take action?
      my plan is to research the market before I proceed, as there may be a better offer, even from sky itself.
      thanks!

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: renewal

It will revert to a 31 day notice contract but this will only be applied if cancelling the service, something that I do not recommend.

If changing to another supplier the changeover will probably be completed well within this time without any complaints from Sky though (if your marketing preferences allow) you may receive offers aimed at persuading you to stay.

You can always check your forecast subscription costs for the next three months by logging onto My Sky and following the links from View my Bill.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMDRO
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101 + Huawei HG612
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

If you decide that you are happy to stay with Sky rather than move to another provider, call Sky as soon as you are out of contract and go through to the thinking of leaving option to ask if there are any deals for re-contracting for another 12 months. I've just done this for the second year running and got a decent discount on my broadband sub both times. I had been thinking of changing provider to plus net, but decided against it after recently reading some bad things about performance, so I decided to stick with Sky and ask about a deal for re-contracting.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by Sky Broadband since 2007 ++

5. The Following User Says Thank You to speedyrite For This Useful Post:

jayhab (08-04-15)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      It will revert to a 31 day notice contract but this will only be applied if cancelling the service, something that I do not recommend.
      this is not comprehensible english

first, you mean "if you cancel" and not "if cancelling"

second, I am asking what will happen, after the 12 month contract ends, OBVIOUSLY without me taking any action at all
      if I take an action, eg. to cancel the service, I will probably know what will happen, ie. it will probably CANCEL immediately or within few days to allow them to do their cancelling process

so please, make an effort to answer in a sensible manner to what I am asking exactly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      If you decide that you are happy to stay with Sky rather than move to another provider, call Sky as soon as you are out of contract and go through to the thinking of leaving option to ask if there are any deals for re-contracting for another 12 months. I've just done this for the second year running and got a decent discount on my broadband sub both times. I had been thinking of changing provider to plus net, but decided against it after recently reading some bad things about performance, so I decided to stick with Sky and ask about a deal for re-contracting.
      again, this is NOT what I am asking in this thread

I am asking what will happen when the contract days end, without me doing anything (I will probably not even notice that that day has come)

- - - Updated - - -

again, this is NOT what I am asking in this thread

I am asking what will happen when the contract days end, without me doing anything (I will probably not even notice that that day has come)

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMDRO
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101 + Huawei HG612
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sorry my contribution was of no interest to you. I thought maybe it might be helpful to you (or any other readers in the same situation) should you/they decide to stay with Sky after going out of contract. I'll just keep my thoughts to myself in future. Cheerio now!
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by Sky Broadband since 2007 ++

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by skypal View Post
      hello!
      I bought a year of Sky Broadband
      what will happen when it will end?
      Nothing.
      will they renew my contract for another year without asking me?
      No
      or they will stop providing me internet?
      Nope
      or will they notify me before to take action?
      Nope
      my plan is to research the market before I proceed, as there may be a better offer, even from sky itself.
      thanks!
      Keep on researching.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sorry my contribution was of no interest to you. I thought maybe it might be helpful to you (or any other readers in the same situation) should you/they decide to stay with Sky after going out of contract. I'll just keep my thoughts to myself in future. Cheerio now!
      no, please don't get me wrong, it was very helpful to know that I can negotiate a better price! thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      Keep on researching.
      how am I going to be charged then???

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

As I said previously:
      Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      You can always check your forecast subscription costs for the next three months by logging onto My Sky and following the links from View my Bill.