Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Disconnections within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; sky will take years to become as solid an ISP as say BT , although BT aren't the best they ...

Christopher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sacriston
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV:
      sky will take years to become as solid an ISP as say BT, although BT aren't the best they have very few outtages and their technical support is slightly better and, their routers seem to be of higher quality.

I think the main problem with sky is that the router they are using isn't very reliable in terms of connecting, in an ideal world it would be, but it isnt. I read in places that if your noise margin gets low then your sync speed should automatically adjust (i read it here on these very forums somewhere).

The netgear router "sky box" isn't resyncing when your SNR (noise margin) lowers and is therefore causing a failure of service as the quality of the line can't provide a service at the sync your at (or something like that).

Ring sky technical support, tell them about your problem and if they tell you tier 3 will ring you back, irng them everyday to follow it up, if things persist after the first attempt, threaten to cancel your subscription, because although I have just said the problem is the router it is not your problem (although sky's technical support try to convince you otherwise) its sky's problem and its upto them to fix it, otherwise they will develop a reputation and will loose customers.

I posted a free 0800 number on this site that i think i got off this site (wonderful place this isnt it :-D)

ill try post it here, if not just search for 0800 sure it will fin it. i remember it is 0800 051 2.... just cant remember the rest, and yes I have used it that much that i can remember it by heart almost!!!
      Last edited by Christopher; 06-11-06 at 08:29 AM.

2. Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12