Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Serious Sky Broadband Issue

This is a discussion on Serious Sky Broadband Issue within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i have 2 lines in my house one in my living room and one in my bedroom, i ordered sky ...

ultrasilk03 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Serious Sky Broadband Issue

i have 2 lines in my house one in my living room and one in my bedroom, i ordered sky bb for my bedroom, but sky put it on my living room, i called them to see if they could transfer the line to my bedroom, they said they would call back but they diid not reply, i then proceeded to buy the netgears WG111 adapter but could only get a 33% signal and if i connected to that i could only get 336kbps instead of the 15234kbps that my line is capable of, and know i do not know what to do, so if anybody has any suggestions or advice then that would be much appreciated.
      Last edited by ultrasilk03; 05-11-06 at 11:34 AM. Reason: typing error

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Do you really mean two lines (i.e. two separate phone numbers) or two phone sockets?

If the former then surely Sky set up the BB service on the number you gave them? Changing to another number will not be straightforward.

If you mean two sockets then you will have SkyBB on both so you can plug your router in either. You may find that one gives a better speed connection than the other (probably the living room if that's the mastersocket) but that's fairly easily fixed. Spend a little time reading the forum and you'll soon pick up how things work.

You'll have to be more specific about your wireless issues before anyone can help you.

EviL AnGeL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      If anyone from Sky ever tells you they will call you back immediately tell them "no you won't" because most of the time they don't. Tell them you want it resolved now and if the person isn't being helpful tell them to put you through to someone else or a higher level of support.

Before you start any conversation with anyone ask them their name and their location so you can get back to them if they decide to cut you off (happened to me 3 or 4 times) you can also then report them for not doing their job.

Ultimately they made the error so they should fix it. Badger them constantly until they fix it for you.

Some people who work in customer services don't seem to undertsand their job description. They must think it just involves answering the telephone and typing on a keyboard, when in fact they are there to serve the customer of the company. If Sky actually employed people with empathy who genuinely want to help instead of underpaid keyboard monkeys then we all might be a little happier and more satisfied with what we pay good money for.

Cyrus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Streetly - CMSTRE
      Broadband ISP: Max, 15.3MB Downstream! B E A Utiful
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes, the CS guys at Sky are not that clued up I would agree. It is important to consider that the vast majority of them have little or no experience of ADSL. You may have read recently that I have a 'one hell of a problem'. It has took an extreme amount of effort to sort out. I share your frustration Angel but "Keyboard Monkey", funny as it is, is a little harsh.
      "If you are planning for a year, sow rice;
      if you are planning for a decade, plant trees;
      if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people."